Day Traders Lounge.

travi

One more help, guys.

HDFC securities/Bank app won't run on the older Redmi 5 phone having Android 8 MIUI 12.

How to overcome this without buying a new phone ?
these apps are tightening security without freedom of option.

They dont run if apps like anydesk are installed, they will warn if Developer options is enabled.
Custom ROMS will not work, it checks if boot loader is unlocked and will not work.
lots of issues.

You just might have to buy a new phone

Custom ROMS will not work, it checks if boot loader is unlocked and will not work.
lots of issues.
There are custom ROMs in which you can use banking apps, UPI etc. And they are stable.
What is custom ROM ?? Is it similar to the VRAM used earlier in DOS ??
You know Android is open souce, right? Developers use google's source code and make custom version of Android and release. There are lot of custom ROMs available, these are some popular ones. Lineage, Pixel Experience, Havoc, Crdroid. Since you sound new to custom ROMs, better take time to understand fully before attempting. Google for more and check out xda forum. You can find your device channel in tel eg ram, join there.

travi

There are custom ROMs in which you can use banking apps, UPI etc. And they are stable.

You know Android is open souce, right? Developers use google's source code and make custom version of Android and release. There are lot of custom ROMs available, these are some popular ones. Lineage, Pixel Experience, Havoc, Crdroid. Since you sound new to custom ROMs, better take time to understand fully before attempting. Google for more and check out xda forum. You can find your device channel in tel eg ram, join there.
i had seen somewhere if boot loader is unlocked it wont work for hdfc. i dont have resource to test.
So i implied that custom wont work. Hope some has latest check.

Also, if higher Android version custom rom doesnt work on that old hardware, that will be another issue.

There is only so much that can be done with very old h/w.

i had seen somewhere if boot loader is unlocked it wont work for hdfc. i dont have resource to test.
So i implied that custom wont work. Hope some has latest check.

Also, if higher Android version custom rom doesnt work on that old hardware, that will be another issue.

There is only so much that can be done with very old h/w.
Yeah, there are/were builds doesn't pass safetynet. What works and what doesn't work are mentioned by the developers and also in the discussions in XDA and tele gram. If the things we want is not discussed or we couldn't find an answer, we can ask them. Developer or the users would answer. We can know those info before trying. Still we didn't like after trying a custom ROM we can change to another or even come back to stock ROM.

I even have seen Android 13 for old models, but they are battery hungry and heats up a lot. I would better stick with Android 10 or 11 (for Redmi 5) which would be good wrt battery and performance and obviously lot better than stock ROM.

Yeah, there are/were builds doesn't pass safetynet. What works and what doesn't work are mentioned by the developers and also in the discussions in XDA and tele gram. If the things we want is not discussed or we couldn't find an answer, we can ask them. Developer or the users would answer. We can know those info before trying. Still we didn't like after trying a custom ROM we can change to another or even come back to stock ROM.

I even have seen Android 13 for old models, but they are battery hungry and heats up a lot. I would better stick with Android 10 or 11 (for Redmi 5) which would be good wrt battery and performance and obviously lot better than stock ROM.
But my Redmi 5A doesn't upgrade after Android 8 :(

Custom ROM ?? will look into it.

Raj232

One more help, guys.

HDFC securities/Bank app won't run on the older Redmi 5 phone having Android 8 MIUI 12.

How to overcome this without buying a new phone ?
What Sir.. for 25K .. one trade an Banknifty/Finnifty gives that return.. Rs 75 to Rs 225 ..

1686912116592.png