Day Traders Lounge.

I want a developed country, where we have enough to earn, enough to spend, everyone is equal and treated equally.
If the past is any indication, we are crawling at a lot less than snail's pace with respect to the agenda! We are a good 30 to 40 years behind any developed country.

The facts speak for themselves. UN HDI ranks are bad. We have been languishing badly.

Sure there have been improvements - no doubt about that. But the pace and the magnitude with whch they are happening leaves so much to be desired. I am not saying we shuld ape the west or any other developed country but significant strides need to happen to do our quality of life any good!

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
And it started in India.. Farmers being harassed by multinational
Farmers in India sued by Pepsi for 'illegally growing potato seeds'
https://news.sky.com/story/farmers-...i-for-illegally-growing-potato-seeds-11705948

https://www.bbc.com/hindi/india-48071977
I wouldn’t say they are harassed. The farmers in question should not be using Pepsico’s seeds without their permission. They could have grown some other varieties of potatoes. We dont realise before “downloading a book” or movie that we all are breaking law and taking part in crime. The farmers did same here. Pepsico are offering settlement so that in future farmers buy seeds directly feom them (not black market) and sell direct to them.

If anyone want to protest, it should be against Monsanto. Biggest GM seeds producer who also forces farmers to keep buying costly seeds and fertiliser as they have monopoly (BT cotton, BT bringle )

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say they are harassed. The farmers in question should not be using Pepsico’s seeds without their permission. They could have grown some other varieties of potatoes. We dont realise before “downloading a book” or movie that we all are breaking law and taking part in crime. The farmers did same here. Pepsico are offering settlement so that in future farmers buy seeds directly feom them (not black market) and sell direct to them.

If anyone want to protest, it should be against Monsanto. Biggest GM seeds producer who also forces farmers to keep buying costly seeds and fertiliser as they have monopoly (BT cotton, BT bringle )
We can always be selectively logical..

Do you really believe that a farmer holding 2 -4 bigha(The size of servant quarters of our politicians and bureaucrats ) of land for his earning is capable of understanding such thing.
If you cant save your weak link....the chain is supposed to be broken.

hahaha good one.

Earthquake's can't be predicted so much early on
Not with the present technology. We can't even predict the monsoon very accurately. But let's see. Maybe this fellow has something.

There was a novel about man made earthquake... I don't remember the name, I don't remember the author.. was it Frederick Forsyth or was it Robin Cook or someone else .....:confused:

It was about a religious fanatic causing earthquake....

Edit : Googled it. "The Hammer of Eden" bu Ken Follett
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hammer_of_Eden

KAL.YUG

Been reading this news for 10-12 days now.
Looking at the history of earthquake occurrences in Indian subcontinent, looks like one large scale EQ is overdue.
Pray it does not happen and if it does happen than hope it is not on a large scale.