Day Traders Lounge.

cloudTrader

Not much point now in discussing the merits/demerits of demonetization or the process preceding/succeeding it.
Yes ,demonetisation is a fact, whether we like it or don't like it....it will not be reversed now .We have to learn how to cope up with it and how best the country copes up with it....there are already many videos on u tube about how to use UPI,USSD for digital money transfer which we can use for making small payments like kirana stores,sabji and fruits vendor etc

ST
I'll pray for the betterment of every citizen of India. God Bless India !!

Demonetization is a bad move. Our GDP will fall sharply, it was limping already. So far demonetization has been done by failed states like Libya and Zimbabwe in the world. The idea came up during Dr Rajan's time also but he rejected it. Perhaps it was done now due to political reasons than the economic ones. If anyone convinces me it is for the good of the country then I will change my mind.

Being a trader I hardly go by heart now, I am a hard nosed person, I go by the facts and the fact is that they are issuing notification a day (What a great example of planning and involvement of everyone). If Arun ji was involved then the finance ministry would have plugged IT loopholes et al. The fact there are so many loopholes is a dead giveaway only a handful of people in the PMO knew about the demonetization bomb.

With no advance printing of 100 and 500 notes, I have a feeling that probably even RBI did not know about it!

How come there is such a widespread mess if so many departments were coordinately involved? So many questions there. You answer it and I will believe you.
Yes yes...now I believe you that only Modiji and his driver was involved in the demonetisation....not FM...not RBI Gov.....no one from finmin..

Good night,wasted enough time in pointless arguments ....

ST

Demonetization is a bad move. Our GDP will fall sharply, it was limping already. So far demonetization has been done by failed states like Libya and Zimbabwe in the world. The idea came up during Dr Rajan's time also but he rejected it. Perhaps it was done now due to political reasons than the economic ones. If anyone convinces me it is for the good of the country then I will change my mind.
Time will tell whether it does any good or not. Either way, I believe that India growth story is not derailed - maybe slowed down somewhat - but will take this in its stride.

We are a very young nation, very newly become one people. We have weathered many storms - independence, emergency, various natural calamities and what not. And here we are, proclaimed as the fastest growing economy till 3 weeks ago. I believe that the world's confidence in India will return.

Time will tell whether it does any good or not. Either way, I believe that India growth story is not derailed - maybe slowed down somewhat - but will take this in its stride.

We are a very young nation, very newly become one people. We have weathered many storms - independence, emergency, various natural calamities and what not. And here we are, proclaimed as the fastest growing economy till 3 weeks ago. I believe that the world's confidence in India will return.
Also keep in mind time and again we have disappointed the world by delivering far below our potential. Our economy would have been booming by now if Modi ji had focused sharply on economy from the word go. But he was busy with phoren policy and travelling and left the economy to Jaitley ji. And here we are where most economic indicators belying the 7% plus growth.

Being a trader I hardly go by heart now, I am a hard nosed person, I go by the facts and the fact is that they are issuing notification a day (What a great example of planning and involvement of everyone). If Arun ji was involved then the finance ministry would have plugged IT loopholes et al. The fact there are so many loopholes is a dead giveaway only a handful of people in the PMO knew about the demonetization bomb.

With no advance printing of 100 and 500 notes, I have a feeling that probably even RBI did not know about it!

How come there is such a widespread mess if so many departments were coordinately involved? So many questions there. You answer it and I will believe you.
Arunji is a lawyer and as such understands very little intricacies. But to give him the benefit of doubt, The loopholes in the IT are systemic and to fix them he would have had to table new bills etc in the parliament which would have been time consuming. Also, had he started discussing about plugging loopholes in the IT dept he would have given away his intentions and some corrupt IT guys would have spilled the beans to all those hoarding cash.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that the whole situation was very badly planned & managed without having enough new 100/500 Rs notes ready for circulation although the intent behind demonetization is good. What has been done is done. We live with the pain and move on or wait for 2019 elections :). The choice is up to the individual.

Also keep in mind time and again we have disappointed the world by delivering far below our potential. Our economy would have been booming by now if Modi ji had focused sharply on economy from the word go. But he was busy in phoren policy and travelling and left the economy to Jaitley ji. And here we are where most economic indicators belying the 7% plus growth.
That is a huge topic, as is Narendrabhai's foreign trips.

For now, there are 2 schools of thought - those who think that India growth story is derailed, and those who think that it's a retracement. I guess those are the emotions that drive our response to this topic.

For me, when I see the daily small vendors like sabjiwala and chaiwala feeling hopeless, I'll know that demonetization is bad. But if I see them accepting digital payments, I will know that demonetization was worth the pain.

Arunji is a lawyer and as such understands very little intricacies. But to give him the benefit of doubt, The loopholes in the IT are systemic and to fix them he would have had to table new bills etc in the parliament which would have been time consuming. Also, had he started discussing about plugging loopholes in the IT dept he would have given away his intentions and some corrupt IT guys would have spilled the beans to all those hoarding cash.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that the whole situation was very badly planned & managed without having enough new 100/500 Rs notes ready for circulation although the intent behind demonetization is good. What has been done is done. We live with the pain and move on or wait for 2019 elections :). The choice is up to the individual.
Arey this government has passed record bills since independence thru the ordinance route. Government has wide ranging powers. So that logic does not fly my friend. :)