Datafeed Vendor Comparison

CougarTrader

Sincere apologies to @trash,

I did not intend to insult you. And extremely sorry since you took it as an insult. I thought that you are someone from TrueData. I hate piracy and do not like the way people abuse AmiBroker.

I know how TrueData and GDFL plugins flawlessly feed data to pirated versions of AmiBroker too, which, in a way is like supporting piracy and giving freeway to unauthorised users.

GDFL (my previous data-feed vendor) has officially stopped supporting v6.30 and the GUIs in my AFL does not work in their plugin environment, so I was testing TrueData. And the moment I saw no TD Plugin, it just rang the guts in me right away before ringing my brain.

Please accept my apologies and if possible release me off this burden!

Thank you
Whether T... is valid company with license is unknown to me... you have to ask AB.
All I know from AB is that T..... has to resolve a legal DMCA notice first.

Last edited:

CougarTrader

1) I have updated the text on that link which you are mentioning (unregsitered) . If there is anything else you want to read there let me know as you have pasted & highlighted brightly that link from our website sooo many numbers of times.
Updating the text in a webpage won't solve the issue. Will TrueData's plugin stop feeding data to Unauthorized Pirated Versions of AmiBroker in reality? The question still remains. Because I know you make (now banned) criminal users like insaneike, onethatgotaway very happy and there are many more like them hiding behind the hood and smirking right now while reading this.
2) You need to use the x64 plugin which is available in the .".\TrueData\TrueData Velocity 2.0\x64" folder. Only the x32 plugin is updated automatically. if you are using x64 Amibroker, you need to place the plugin manually. This is explained clearly in the link posted by you >> https://www.truedata.in/feedback/knowledge-base/article/how-to-connect-velocity-2-0-to-amibroker
My fault, I was not using the correct run-time and should have checked more pronely. But the resolution unexpectedly came from someone else and not from you.
3) There is no one else representing TrueData but this Id.
Good to know.....
All others including some you have mentioned have their own views. It's like me telling you that you have been sponsored by some competitors.
I am not sponsored by anyone. I am an individual tax-payer with no affiliation to anyone.
4) I don't know why all the anger & hostility with everyone. I guess that is why we see no data vendor participating in this forum - whether registered or unregistered with Amibroker.
From ground-zero and from the other end of unnecessarily getting sucked by the so-called User Experience Providers, I can tell you that the agony is because of huge disparity between cost and pathetic Service received at every level.
5) Tomasz is great I agree. No doubts. There are many users of Amibroker in India, however, there are not that many users of Amibroker also (whether registered, unregistered or demo), to run a sustainable data vending business, that too for multiple data vendors at Indian price points.
I disagree with this. Interest for AmiBroker in India is the highest amongst other countries. Tomasz himself on many occasions have mentioned that AmiBroker.com receives highest traffic from India only compared to the rest of the world.
7) You are the first person who told us of an issue with 6.3. We did not get this from anyone else and did not even know about it. Not sure if its an issue at all as explained in the previous post.
I doubt how many users in India uses Registered Version of AmiBroker forget about using the Latest. And I bet whether you yourself have the latest version for Testing your very own Plugin. Because if you had, then you would have immediately solved my issue instead of waiting for someone else to generously do the Testing for you.
If you really have a concern or you want to talk more about this you can also email me directly > my email is available on the TrueData website or we can set up a call to discuss your feedback further.
That will definitely help you and me but will that help others. Or someone who might feel to join TrueData in the future. Who knows these discussion might help another good soul somewhere, someday?
Same to you!

My apologies to @TrueData1,

I was wrong..... Your plugin does show up upon clearing the redundancies of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package as clearly mentioned in How to Connect Velocity 2.0 to Amibroker (ADK method).
Great ! Appreciate your comment.

Updating the text in a webpage won't solve the issue. Will TrueData's plugin stop feeding data to Unauthorized Pirated Versions of AmiBroker in reality? The question still remains. Because I know you make (now banned) criminal users like insaneike, onethatgotaway very happy and there are many more like them hiding behind the hood and smirking right now while reading this.
Since you mentioned have been thinking about it. Have to check, but once we connect our data to the Amibroker SDK, I am not sure if there is any way to control a user using a pirated version of Amibroker. I don't think there is any difference as far as the Amibroker SDK integration goes for registered and unregistered users. Irregular use should be controlled by Amibroker and I dont think it can be done by us.

CougarTrader

Great ! Appreciate your comment.

Since you mentioned have been thinking about it. Have to check, but once we connect our data to the Amibroker SDK, I am not sure if there is any way to control a user using a pirated version of Amibroker. I don't think there is any difference as far as the Amibroker SDK integration goes for registered and unregistered users. Irregular use should be controlled by Amibroker and I dont think it can be done by us.
What can be otherwise done is that you deligently issue subscription to AmiBroker licensed users only after a remote verification and validation.... And do not provide any support to unauthorised users whatsoever... Bring changes to your terms and conditions...

Piracy is not a long-term solution and supporting it even indirectly won't yield anyone anything in the long run... It will only raise communal hatredness and create unches... If in any terms today the AmiBroker Community is different to us, the root cause is Piracy... So we have to change first...

As India is an Emerging-Market many more will soon join, the process might be slow but steadily the demand for self analysis will increase heavily in years to come. Considering the trend of strategy "needs" and discussions, you will mostly see people asking for AFL this or AFL that, how often do you see anyone asking for codes in other languages? AmiBroker hunger is only to deepen further.

As long as the users and the support services like yours stays on right track there will no problem.

Apart from that runtime issue, there are many other issues that the new v6.30 has brought both to you and GDFL.You know some of those now!

What if tomorrow AmiBroker selectively blocks some of the PIDs of data vendors, both Indian Clients and obviously the data feed house will suffer unnecessarily. So I urge everyone to study the markets in ethical way and stop piracy....

Dear Cougar trader, we get your point. Could you please reduce the frequency of posts regarding the same topic again and again ? its getting a bit much. Looks like your an employee of amibroker.

CougarTrader

Just another forum user sick and tired of seeing your posts. I request the mods to look into this and take action. This person has some mental issue and is repeatedly going on about the same thing.
At least someone is troubled, confused and scared from my posts.... I take it as compliment... Atleast my mental issue is on right track unlike yours and others who sponsor you!

At least someone is troubled, confused and scared from my posts.... I take it as compliment... Atleast my mental issue is on right track unlike yours and others who sponsor you!
In some other parellel universe that you live in, everyone is an ami user that too on a pirated version im sure. I use tradingview and when needed i use ninjatrader which is far superior to ami in everyway possible and not to mention absolutely free. My only grouse is that your giving us all your bs gyan on a thread meant for data provider discussion.