daSARa system

saakk

afl is top secret.. will not be sharing it.
But i can let u in on another secret. Take a random afl, especially anything that is trend following, put ur brains in a freezer, and follow the AFL blindly. Have guts?

Right now, i am not a pure price action trader. For version 1.0 and 1.1 of the daSARa system i used PSAR. The next version that I am evaluating will do without any indicators. Maybe pure price action?, but not in the way that I usually see PA interpreted.
Was planning to trade a more aggressive version of the daSARa system, but backed out at the last moment. But watching the charts today, the aggressive system seems to have merit, though the number of trades will increase. Also, the aggressive system seems to make more (logical) sense to me. So, I will think some more about it, maybe I will try it tomorrow.

None of the versions of the daSARa system are backtested, though they can easily be. I just decided the rules after visually scanning a random charts. So, I guess the daSARa system rules are less than optimum, mostly based on a biased visual perspective (Have u noticed how our biases influence out interpretation of charts?)
How to apply LOGIC without BRAIN? :D :D

saakk

After trading hours brain is taken out of freezer, microwaved, and used. During trading hours, put back in the freezer. Just trying to avoid emotions during trading....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :clapping::clapping:

augubhai

Check out yesterday's charts of Yesbank. There were sudden spikes in the afternoon. one big spike downwards, and another big spike upwards after sometime. With my SAR system, I was on the right side of both the spikes, but did not book. Since today's version of the system is more aggressive, i hope to benefit from such spikes.

saakk

Check out yesterday's charts of Yesbank. There were sudden spikes in the afternoon. one big spike downwards, and another big spike upwards after sometime. With my SAR system, I was on the right side of both the spikes, but did not book. Since today's version of the system is more aggressive, i hope to benefit from such spikes.
Yup i can see it but how do you PLAN to trade SIDEWAYS market???, With any Trend following or SAR system real fight is wit congestion.

augubhai

Yup i can see it but how do you PLAN to trade SIDEWAYS market???, With any Trend following or SAR system real fight is wit congestion.
The plan is to only take the entries that have smaller risk (tight SL). In a sideways, there will be many such entries and whipsaws. But the one that breaks away should make the money.

That's the plan. Let me see how it works out.

augubhai

Guess what. In today's system, jpassociate is playing hero and axisbank playing villain. tough fight on.

in axisbank, there were 2 good moves down. i missed both, because there was no low risk . but i caught each and every one of the whipsaws. good thing is that i caught the down moves in the 4 other scrips (diversification :thumb:), but the best move happened in axisbank. why is it that the best opportunities are the one that are missed? :confused:

Vertigo_1985

yesterday was result day, so volatility was there, how u r expecting same today ?