Crude Oil Trading

arsh22g

Quite a few opportunities for scapls on the 5 min TF.

Since day trend is up, makes sense to take all the long setups. which are indicated by red circles.

Have however taken the short setup with a SL @ 3032.

There were setups, that's why I was able to enter 5-6 trades. But none reached a clean 10 points target before moving back to the buying price. So, either we take a 5-6 points risk for a 10 point (8 point after cost) scalp...which is not tempting for me, or pull TSL up to breakeven (2 points) after 6-7 point upmove, just to watch it get hit.

There may be some later which I didn't take though. Entered a swing short (will cover only at a proper structure completion) at 3023 later, and will see how it goes in the coming hours.

nirav_j

There were setups, that's why I was able to enter 5-6 trades. But none reached a clean 10 points target before moving back to the buying price. So, either we take a 5-6 points risk for a 10 point (8 point after cost) scalp...which is not tempting for me, or pull TSL up to breakeven (2 points) after 6-7 point upmove, just to watch it get hit.

There may be some later which I didn't take though. Entered a swing short (will cover only at a proper structure completion) at 3023 later, and will see how it goes in the coming hours.
some of my beard hair turned white while waiting for those 10 points .. :D

5 min gave a long setup a while back. waiting games on.

suri112000

A Clean 10 points. Long at 3016 and booked at 3026.:)

Two successful scalps each of 10 points.

Will not trade further unless some compelling setups.:D

nirav_j

^ i didnt book. Expecting further upside. 15 min went Bullish .. Longs @ 3016

Rupee rate went favorable for bulls.

earlier high of 45.51 - 3034.

it did 3034 @ 45.43

Last edited:

arsh22g

I am still holding short @3023 at 2/3rd quantity (didn't trail when it fell to 3013), mental SL for time being.
May cover if breaks 3070-3080 convincingly. Else, will look to add more short if props up further.

arsh22g

some of my beard hair turned white while waiting for those 10 points .. :D

5 min gave a long setup a while back. waiting games on.
Yaar I can't stare at the screen continuously, waiting for my algos to get set-up and do that for me :D Taking manual scalps just for fun.

I am more of a hourly manual trader now.

nirav_j

Yaar I can't stare at the screen continuously, waiting for my algos to get set-up and do that for me :D Taking manual scalps just for fun.

I am more of a hourly manual trader now.
aatank movement this. :annoyed:

held from 3016 to 3041.

re entered longs at vwap and SD bands levels .. wiped out my profits .. :annoyed:

had a quick short, booked and long again .. with a very tight SL @ Vwap ..
booked and switch.

either SL or TGT. break time.

Last edited: