Connectivity issues at Zerodha Kite

lonstud

Hello,

I am considering Zerodha's Kite platform for trading. However, I found the following post at their forum regarding downtime:

https://quant.zerodha.com/forum/discussion/326/important-oms-connectivity-issues

One of the quotes which concerned me is "You r charging for these Api so I don't want to hear any excuses...I understand if it happens once in year...but it is not acceptable if it happens multiple times in a week. "

Any users of Zerodha Kite on this forum which can comment upon the downtime issues. How often do they happen and what is the average duration of downtime?

NJ23

NJ23

Let's hope they find a solution quickly.

lonstud

Yes. It appears they are work in progress. Are you using Kite yourself. If yes, Please let me know how often do downtime happens? By downtime, I also mean delays in filling/placing orders.

NJ23

No man. Stopped trading with them quite a long time ago. The same issue. Stability of the trading platforms.

lonstud

If you dont mind, please share the stable trading platforms you have used/currently using/know which have support for api trading.

raynor

yes me too experienced some probs

NJ23

If you dont mind, please share the stable trading platforms you have used/currently using/know which have support for api trading.
That's the problem, isn't it? APIs. No one really offers them. RKSV has a stable trading platform. Never faced any issue. So is SAS Online's platform. Symphony Fintech is the only professional fully automated solution we have. But then again, that's just for NSE and FnO. No CDS/MCX.

Building a custom solution is the only way. \_(' ')_/

Raj232