Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends...
I am a new trader on the block. But I have learned quite a lot many good things from Traderji.
I have the trading account with SHAREKHAN. In the carnage that happened this week, I had sold all my stocks on monday morning (21 jan).
Yesterday, after the market recovered a bit, I thought of buying back my stocks. So, I logged into my account. I had around 1 lac rupees with my account. So I thought I would be able to buy many of my favourite stocks at a bargain price.
As I punched the order, my trading terminal said "Not enough money in the account".
I was highly surprised. Since, I had sold all my stocks on Monday, I hadn't experienced all the losses that happened in next two days. SO, I was expecting at least 1 lac rupees in my account.
So, I checked my limit statement and it said only 25 thounsand. Now, how is it possible... I know I will get my money back, but what's the point. I mean, if you cannot buy at this time then what's the point in getting back ur money later.. :(

Today, I was reading some threads in traderji. And I found that its not only me but many other small investors who are facing the same problems.

So, in spite of having money in our accounts, we cannot jump in to buy our favourite stocks at this 'highly important time'.
Now, my serious question is, WHAT IS THE USE OF BEING TRADER URSELF WHEN WE GET SUCH TYPE OF SERVICE IN INDIA.

ISN'T it best to simply invest in Mutual Funds. At least they can buy and sell the stocks at the appropriate times.

I feel pathetic seeing the services of INDIAN financial companies..

Thanks..
Please reply and write your invaluable comments..

SUNIL

vasa1

Please clarify if you wanted to invest more than the money that was shown in your account?

I feel that since there is a T+2 settlement, the "actual" money will be available only at the end of settlement day.

Seniors, please comment.

There goes a saying - "There is no need for change, if things are going alright."

But here I was trying to alter things to make my life more easier. Only to land myself into troubled waters.

People all around, sensible people just like me that is, mint money through prudent investments in the stock markets. As it stood, I was no exception. And I had opened an account with the Howrah Branch of Sharekhan in the early part of 2007. Lady Luck favoured me, and from the first day of trading with Sharekhan, my fortunes soared.

In the latter of stages of 2007, when the Sensex breached what seemed to be an impossible mark of 20000 points, I was influenced and talked into transferring my account from the Howrah Branch to the Dalhousie Branch of Sharekhan Ltd. The sales agent who had so much to contribute in this matter is Mr. Devkumar Khanrah (Skharekhan Limited, 2Nd Floor, Jardines, 4 Rajendra Prasad Sarani, Kolkata - 700001).

Doubtlessly, this Mr. Mr. Devkumar Khanrah (Skharekhan Limited, 2Nd Floor, Jardines,
4 Rajendra Prasad Sarani, Kolkata - 700001) did not have philanthropic interests in his heart when he arranged for my account to be transferred. To my consternation, nor did this man stick to legitimates when filling in the official documents. Soon after my account was transferred to the Dalhousie Branch of Sharekhan, I realized that the sales pitch given by this Mr. Devkumar Khanrah was not only a total eye wash, it was also guilty of misrepresenting the facts of the charges involved.

The stinger was in the tail though. The email address as was registered by this Mr. Devkumar Khanrahin the official documents of Sharekhan Dalhousie Branch, wasn't even mine. It was his! On top of that, the charges and expenses for opening of the account turned out to be misleading.

I took up the matter with right earnest with the Sharekhan folks with regards to the erroneous email address which had been inserted - intentionally or otherwise. A professional and a thorough impersonal communication was their reply in response to my frantic complaints and telephone calls. Upon repeated probing through my emails, Sharekhan finally acquiesced by sending an email to me advising that a hard copy / printout of a Client Master Copy be sent to them with my email address as it should appear in their records.

To cut a long story short, I find the impassioned responses by Sharekhan appalling to say the least. The actions of the sales representative in question, utterly unethical.

This post of mine, in this forum, is to make aware all the pitfalls of trusting one's broker blindly; even one such as the caliber and reputation of Sharekhan Ltd.

Best regards and happy trading,
Sandip Bhattacharjee

i am using icici for last few months. and not facing any such problem.. i open the site in mozilla firefox and it works fine.
i want to know is there any criteria by which -
if i sell shares of 1 lakh rupees on a day, can i get and use that amount to buy shares on the same day? right now i have to wait for 2,3 days to get the money transferred in my account.

thanx..

biyasc

i am using icici for last few months. and not facing any such problem.. i open the site in mozilla firefox and it works fine.
i want to know is there any criteria by which -
if i sell shares of 1 lakh rupees on a day, can i get and use that amount to buy shares on the same day? right now i have to wait for 2,3 days to get the money transferred in my account.

thanx..
icici direct have the phone trading facility?

chintan786

Canmoney people are most idiot and lazy people I ever come across.

At least here in Ahmedabad

Chintan

Status
Not open for further replies.