Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
saji oommen said:
Hello Mr.Gvnarendra,

Could you elaborate a little more on why you find Anagram better than India Bulls in some aspects. Your inputs could be very helpful.

Thank you

Saji
Hi Saji,
I have both Indiabulls and Anagram accounts with which I trade. Usually I open both the windows at a time while trading. As I have observed in Anagram window the refreshing of the price is very fast better than the Indiabulls. As for as sending the order for buy or sell I have faced some trouble like not accepting the order since the server was busy in Indiabulls (maybe due to greater no of subscribers ), where as I have not faced any problem in Anagram till today even for bigger orders. As for as the technical window is concerned Anagram gives two days of 5 min datas which is very essential for the indicators to work properly.
Where as Indiabulls gives only the current running day data which is insufficient for any indicators to work properly. I have requested the anagram people to give more than 10 days of datas which they have agreed to look into the matter. Where as Indiabulls is not hearing my requests. Anagram has provision to give the eod datas though they are not giving fully as of now they may give in future. India bulls does not have the provision to display the eod datas.
In back office also anagram is giving much tranparent details of the trades and calculations which is very essential. I found anagram rm's are courteous.
Hope these details are sufficient for your analysis.
gvnarendra

jdm

I had a a/c with icici since 2001 but their high brokerage and the trading platform always bugged me.

so, a fortnight ago I sighed up with motilal oswal. but before I could get my a/c details the ipo scam hit the market in which motilal oswal was also named. now I am in a real mess as my calls to the RM only results in "do din mein aap ka a/c activate ho jayega". email to motilal oswal regarding my a/c status proved to be futile.

yes icici may not be the kid on the block but atleast they have the INTEGRITY which in my opinion matters the most in the financial sector, which motilal oswal, in my experience with them, lacks as I am still waiting for the "do din".

what really bugs me is not the scam but the uncertainty due to the lack of communiqu on part of motilal oswal. a visit to their web page do let you know they are the best brokerage house in asia, yet the best brokerage house in asia not even bothers to answer your email.

regard,
jdm

Can someone help me how to do day/shortterm trading in ICICIDirect. is it possible to sell the shares on the same you buy on icicidirect. Help me where i can find details.

Suresh

jdm

lm_suresh said:
Can someone help me how to do day/shortterm trading in ICICIDirect. is it possible to sell the shares on the same you buy on icicidirect. Help me where i can find details.

Suresh
ICICI strict no-no for day trading

janadkat said:
I just got started with ICICI. I am NRI living in USA. Just got done opening Savings Account & Demat Account. Still have to line up Online broker. Reading everyone it looks like they have many problems. Can any one tell me what problems??
Hi, im also using ICICI DIRECT.
PRobs are
1) High brokerage
2) During market opening and closing it sucks.
3) platform is not good enough.
4) an example of my plight I took a position woth 50,000 inTELCO n stocks started slippin i clicked on the Square off link and it showd technical error n i was shocked.

FLip side
If ur purchasing stocks on the basis BUYS N KEEPS, go ahead Becas ICICI has one thing termed Goodwill in bounds.
HAppy trading

i have icici direct trade account with its demat and bank account. does any one allows only trading account without any need to open new bank or dp accounts.
thanks

pkjha30

Hi All

I request all members to share their experiences on the respective brokers service and functioning. Ganesh has already done that and started a new thread. I think here it could be posted as well by others.

Pankaj:)

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
Hi All

I request all members to share their experiences on the respective brokers service and functioning. Ganesh has already done that and started a new thread. I think here it could be posted as well by others.

Pankaj:)
hi pankaj,

it is a good way to study the brokers n broking systems under the most stressful situations.

here goes my experiences, today.
i trade only through ICICIDirect, all orders through net only.

on some earlier occasions, when more people were trying to log-in, or transact, i was not able to push through my orders. i was apprehensive of a similar situation today also.

but fortunately, i could push through all of my orders (of-course sell orders only :D ) without much problem, unlike on earlier periods. may be, in view of my earlier experience, i have taken the corrective action slightly ahead of requirement. i don't know, what might have happened, if i waited till the last moment.

one thing i can add with certainty is that this time i didn't have bad experiences as far as pushing the orders through is concerned.

however two observations i post below.

1) in my confusion, i could push through sale of my stock twice. the system accepted the second order also, initially, but later the second order was cancelled by ICICI either by manually or by some system routine. this happened with two of my stocks. not a serious lapse, but added to my confusion for some time.

2) during the i hour of suspended trading period, i could not place LIMIT sale orders, as i was able to do earlier. i had to place the orders on resumption of trading only. i don't know if this is normal or otherwise. of course, this has reduced my pain, as the index was up in the first moments of trading after the start of the second leg of trading.

the statements of FM and actions of PSU mutual funds has helped to reduce the panic selling by investors.

this is not a complaint, but just a thought. when bulls and bears are fighting it out in the market place, a suppsed to be neutral body interferes in favour of one of them ! how far is this the practice in other parts of the world?

murthymsr

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
hi pankaj,
1) in my confusion, i could push through sale of my stock twice. the system accepted the second order also, initially, but later the second order was cancelled by ICICI either by manually or by some system routine. this happened with two of my stocks. not a serious lapse, but added to my confusion for some time.

2) during the i hour of suspended trading period, i could not place LIMIT sale orders, as i was able to do earlier. i had to place the orders on resumption of trading only. i don't know if this is normal or otherwise. of course, this has reduced my pain, as the index was up in the first moments of trading after the start of the second leg of trading.

the statements of FM and actions of PSU mutual funds has helped to reduce the panic selling by investors.

this is not a complaint, but just a thought. when bulls and bears are fighting it out in the market place, a suppsed to be neutral body interferes in favour of one of them ! how far is this the practice in other parts of the world?

murthymsr
Hi Murthy

That is normal with ICICI. If you don't have stocks orders will get automatically cancelled. During suspension orders can not be placed.

In 1987 Alan Greenspan intervened to stabilise American stock market. It is nothing new. Nobody is neutral. Market is one of the factor in indian economy and can't be ignored as it will have impact on other sectors subsequently.

Regards
Pankaj

Status
Not open for further replies.