Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotak commodities offered me 2 paisa brokerage for intraday applicable on one side and 2 paisa on settlement trades on both sides. This is without any prepaid brokerage or volume commitment. How much lower is Karvy charging you for intraday and interday trades?

What is this daily margin to trade you speak of that Kotak commodities does not give ? daily margin of 3 times? I thought commodities did only require daily margin as stipulated by MCX and NCDEX and is applicable to all brokerage firms. Do you mean Karvy does not charge you 4 % daily margin money for a gold contract but only 1.33 %?

Kotak commodities does provide Odin diet for a monthly charge but it is waived off if you give them good volumes. Does Karvy provide it for free to all its customers?
karvy offered same brokerage slab as kotak initially but without any volume commitment.they charged 550/- for a/c opening +s/w maintainance for 1year.they commited me to reduce brokerage further when volume will be high.kotak charges are 750/-.the flexibility with karvy is 2-3 time leaverage .kotak do not commit leavrage.both are reputed firms but for commodity karvy is far better than kotak.RM and research analysis play imp. Role to decide mkt. trend.i m not saying that anyone should depend s on the broker blindly.everyone's analysis is equally important.if u r in love with kotak .then go for it, don't confuse.everyone has his own liking. I like kotak for equity but not for commodity because i usually trade in commodity.

karvy offered same brokerage slab as kotak initially but without any volume commitment.they charged 550/- for a/c opening +s/w maintainance for 1year.they commited me to reduce brokerage further when volume will be high.kotak charges are 750/-.the flexibility with karvy is 2-3 time leaverage .kotak do not commit leavrage.both are reputed firms but for commodity karvy is far better than kotak.RM and research analysis play imp. Role to decide mkt. trend.i m not saying that anyone should depend s on the broker blindly.everyone's analysis is equally important.if u r in love with kotak .then go for it, don't confuse.everyone has his own liking. I like kotak for equity but not for commodity because i usually trade in commodity.
Thanks tradejack ji but you again did not explain the daily margin of 3 times which Karvy gives to you but Kotak does not give. Am I understanding it correctly that say for 1 lot of Gold you have to pay only 1.33% as margin to Karvy for intraday rather than 4 % of margin money as required by the exchanges, MCX and NCDEX? :confused:

alroyraj

Kotak commodities also gives Odin diet for a monthly charge.

IMO, anyone who isn't capable of trading on his own analysis and research and is dependent upon RM's and Broker's tips has no business trading such highly leveraged and volatile markets like commodities and forex.
What a commodity RM does is inform you are various relevant news flows which is important in commodities trading.And there are several things to monitor. Just visit any Commodities terminal in Geojit and you will know what I mean. They even have 2 RMs: one for days shift and the other for night shift since commodities trading has longer timings. Interestingly this makes it convenient for working professionals to trade these markets after work. Commodities is all about trading the demand-supply . Commodities markets are truly integrated with world markets.

What a commodity RM does is inform you are various relevant news flows which is important in commodities trading.And there are several things to monitor. Just visit any Commodities terminal in Geojit and you will know what I mean. They even have 2 RMs: one for days shift and the other for night shift since commodities trading has longer timings. Interestingly this makes it convenient for working professionals to trade these markets after work. Commodities is all about trading the demand-supply . Commodities markets are truly integrated with world markets.
Plz give the today's tips and views provided by your RM about Crude oil or gold as example. Give full details so that we can analyze what kind of benefit such service can be of to us intraday traders which we are devoid of and that the technical analysis of the charts can not provide.

alroyraj

Plz give the today's tips and views provided by your RM about Crude oil or gold as example. Give full details so that we can analyze what kind of benefit such service can be of to us intraday traders which we are devoid of and that the technical analysis of the charts can not provide.
Take for example for trading base metals. One needs to know the status of inventories maintained by the Shanghai Exchange as well as the LSE as that plays a major bearing on the prices. Since Commodities are priced in foreign currency,impact of US economic news is another factor to be monitored. Typical factors lie jobless claims,industrial prodn data. In theory you might be aware that commodities have inverse correlation with the dollar,so it acts as a proxy for dollar weakness. Hence the need to monitor forex rates. This is just in brief.
Understandably the threshold or performance bar for having a commodity account is higher.

Take for example for trading base metals. One needs to know the status of inventories maintained by the Shanghai Exchange as well as the LSE as that plays a major bearing on the prices. Since Commodities are priced in foreign currency,impact of US economic news is another factor to be monitored. Typical factors lie jobless claims,industrial prodn data. In theory you might be aware that commodities have inverse correlation with the dollar,so it acts as a proxy for dollar weakness. Hence the need to monitor forex rates. This is just in brief.
Understandably the threshold or performance bar for having a commodity account is higher.
Thanks.

Being a pure technical trader I certainly don't care at all for such fundamental calls and views by broker's and their RM's.

I find these fundamental analysis and reports to be confusing and a time killing activity for traders, especially the intra day traders. However, they are very important to the investor community.

alroyraj

Thanks.

Being a pure technical trader I certainly don't care at all for such fundamental calls and views by broker's and their RM's.

I find these fundamental analysis and reports to be confusing and a time killing activity for traders, especially the intra day traders. However, they are very important to the investor community.
If there was only one thing you needed to monitor to trade commodities then it would be inventory levels .

Status
Not open for further replies.