Comparative Table of Brokerage Charges of selected brokerge firms.

Yes all this information is wrong and dont believe these peoples charges as they are working for the company.pls take information from the brokers directly and decide dont depend on this kind of data from any one as it will be biased always.
Hello Chakri,

I would advise you to check before you make a comment on anybody... You should keep in mind that the table was uploaded here long back, may b 1 1/2 or 2 years back and lot have changed all these years in terms of brokerages offered by various brokeing firm.

I was indeed working with Indiabulls at that time and thts clearly mentioned in my initial messages in this thread or forum but it would be unfair to say that i was biased when i prepared this table. I think these were the brokerage charges prevailing at that time and it was hard work of 1 month to make that table..anyways i dont need to justify but i thought i shd clear the doubt which you had...

I left indiabulls and the brokerage industry in general from the last 1 and half year and so i dont have any idea abt the current prevailing charges...so your might disagree when you compare it with my table.And i never got the chance to update the table since i moved to other industry and got busy with day to day work!!!

I dont mind if you want to update the table and upload for the benefit of all...Cheers!!!:)

Mohammed

Even if one see's the table in respect to the time when it was uploaded, there are errors. for example, 5paisa provided relationship manager since at least 2005 (when I got my a/c opened) and they have been providing software based as well as web based applications, etc.

PS: 5paisa is one of the worst broker.

Geojit seems to be cheapest.
But dunno abt the Performance of their website....?
http://www.geojit.com/services/Brokerage.asp?index=2&a=4

Delivery-based Volumes *
Volume *(Rs.) New Brokerage Rate
< 10 lacs 0.30% (current)
> 10 lac < 50 lac 0.25%
> 50 lac < 1 cr 0.20%
> 1 cr < 2 cr 0.15%
> 2 cr 0.10%

Intra-day Volumes *
Volume *(Rs.) New Brokerage Rate
< 2 cr 0.030% (current)
> 2 cr < 6 cr 0.025%
> 6 cr < 12 cr 0.020%
> 12 cr < 15 cr 0.015%
> 15 cr 0.010%

F&O Volumes *
Volume *(Rs.) New Brokerage(per lot)(Rs.)
< 9 cr 75(current)
> 9 cr < 18 cr 65
> 18cr < 27 cr 50
> 27cr < 36 cr 40
> 36 cr 30

@NISHIL,

U missed the fine line

# Subject to minimum brokerage as under:

Rs.20 per scrip or 1 paisa per share whichever is higher subject to 2.5% per share.
That means effectively to get a brokerage of 0.3 on delivery u need to make a transaction of at least Rs 6000 on one scrip and on intraday, u need to make a transaction of Rs 66666.

Hi Friends...
I am a new trader on the block. But I have learned quite a lot many good things from Traderji.
I have the trading account with SHAREKHAN. In the carnage that happened this week, I had sold all my stocks on monday morning (21 jan).
Yesterday, after the market recovered a bit, I thought of buying back my stocks. So, I logged into my account. I had around 1 lac rupees with my account. So I thought I would be able to buy many of my favourite stocks at a bargain price.
As I punched the order, my trading terminal said "Not enough money in the account".
I was highly surprised. Since, I had sold all my stocks on Monday, I hadn't experienced all the losses that happened in next two days. SO, I was expecting at least 1 lac rupees in my account.
So, I checked my limit statement and it said only 25 thounsand. Now, how is it possible... I know I will get my money back, but what's the point. I mean, if you cannot buy at this time then what's the point in getting back ur money later.. :(

Today, I was reading some threads in traderji. And I found that its not only me but many other small investors who are facing the same problems.

So, in spite of having money in our accounts, we cannot jump in to buy our favourite stocks at this 'highly important time'.
Now, my serious question is, WHAT IS THE USE OF BEING TRADER URSELF WHEN WE GET SUCH TYPE OF SERVICE IN INDIA.

ISN'T it best to simply invest in Mutual Funds. At least they can buy and sell the stocks at the appropriate times.

I feel pathetic seeing the services of INDIAN financial companies..

Thanks..
Please reply and write your invaluable comments..

SUNIL