Check your beliefs to improve your trading .

rajsumi121

Hi

Tj Friends & seniors

I am starting this thread about beliefs and values of individual trader because I feel it effects a lot on our trading decisions .. I will share my beliefs about trading in this thread ..purpose of this thread to know which beliefs are holding us to perform in real trading ...and which beliefs empowering us and how we overcome from our limited beliefs .

some of my beliefs ...

1. Market always try to make trader fool

2. big players earning huge money here

3. emotional decision always effect bad on our trading .

4. I can't loose more money now .

5. I will become great & successful trader soon .

6. I am not good in making afl's , coding ..its bad for me .

7. some traders defiantly have magical system .

8. market ( big players ) they are human ... they also make mistakes ..if we do proper research .. we can find hole in their system .

9. When you are successful trader - you are one man army - we can live life by own without care of anyone or anything ..no need of business manuplation that time - no need of clients - no need of hard work .:)

I listed some of my belief ... but I am having more beliefs ..those I will share time to time in this thread ..what about your's If possible please categorized them as limited or empowering .:clapping:

rajsumi121

10- one can earn only in intra day ... if he/she is trader .

11. earning huge money in trading not much difficult .

rajsumi121

Now I will try to tell impact of beliefs on our trading decisions .... with my little knowledge

My 1st belief is " market always try to make trader fool " ... as I am having this belief as very strong belief so I always think opposite about market move ... I always think opposite about simple & technical trading set up ..for example -if price of any scrip making higher-high & higher low and trading north ....that time .I always think its not actual move .. they ( market or big players ) trying to make me fool ... price will certainly go down after some time ...to eat stop losses of those who went long on this setup ... and that's why in past or nowadays in my day trading I missed many simple & successful trade setups .

that's is only one example how our inner belief impact on our trading decisions....I will share more examples in this thread how human mind works on beliefs & how we can master our mind to get success in trading :):) ..Please share your view's .

Last edited:

manish9300

Very well said sir.Avery good topic to initiate and discuss.It will help traders who have the experience and knowledge but still havnt found the rightful success.Ultimately trading is a mind game and without right mindset one cannot reach his/her potential.A basic understanding of ta and fa is necessary but a through understanding of oneself is essential for having trading as a successfull career.

edit: Just saw u making further addition to the first post so i will make more post only after you have finished.It would be better for thread continuity.

Last edited:

oilman5

an excellent discussion pt, I prefer to put my view as an observer/trader.
....................................................................................................
. Market always try to make MOST[ trader fool

2. big players earning huge money here- NOT REALLY,SHREWD ONE EARNS

3. emotional decision always effect bad on our trading .-ALWAYS TRUE

5. I will become great & successful trader soon .-A STRONG USEFUL STATEMENT

6. I am not good in making afl's , coding ..its bad for me .( IT HELPS TO DEVELOP OBJECTIVITY & SAVE TIME,WHILE STUDYING MARKET/SEARCHING OPPURTUNITY)

7. some traders defiantly have magical system .- NO , MORE ROBUST,THATS ALL,BUT IF SYSTEM TELLS TO BOOK LOSS,THEY DO THAT.
8. market ( big players ) they are human ... they also make mistakes .........INFACT LOSE LIKE US,ONLY LOSS AMOUNT LESS IN %.

9. When you are successful trader - you are one man army - we can live life by own without care of anyone or anything ..no need of business manipulation that time - no need of clients - need of hard work ...........excellent

rajsumi121

an excellent discussion pt, I prefer to put my view as an observer/trader.
....................................................................................................
. Market always try to make MOST[ trader fool

2. big players earning huge money here- NOT REALLY,SHREWD ONE EARNS

3. emotional decision always effect bad on our trading .-ALWAYS TRUE

5. I will become great & successful trader soon .-A STRONG USEFUL STATEMENT

6. I am not good in making afl's , coding ..its bad for me .( IT HELPS TO DEVELOP OBJECTIVITY & SAVE TIME,WHILE STUDYING MARKET/SEARCHING OPPURTUNITY)

7. some traders defiantly have magical system .- NO , MORE ROBUST,THATS ALL,BUT IF SYSTEM TELLS TO BOOK LOSS,THEY DO THAT.
8. market ( big players ) they are human ... they also make mistakes .........INFACT LOSE LIKE US,ONLY LOSS AMOUNT LESS IN %.

9. When you are successful trader - you are one man army - we can live life by own without care of anyone or anything ..no need of business manipulation that time - no need of clients - need of hard work ...........excellent

Thanks for your care & post in thread .... one more thing I want to say that every one wants to be discipline trader ... I always make statement like this - That would be great if If can achieve 100% discipline .... and others also makes statements like this ... if I use stoploss no one can beat me .... I am very good in analysis but I fails to convert those in real money ..... I can do wonder in this trading business but my emotions always comes between my success ..... bla-bla bla ..... but I just want to ask from everyone here & from myself too -" who is stopping you - who is holding you back - why we always stay late in bad trade - why we always exit early in good trade - why we became double-minded only after entering in trade - why we exit from a good set up even after one negative statement by others .... Reason is nothing but our limited beliefs .... our past bad experiences - our past losses - we fails to stay calm in market up n down's because our mind is not clear - actually we do exactly the same what is attached with our inner beliefs .

I want to improve my mental state as a trader and as a human as well as I want to get vast idea about philology & physiology of human mind of other traders so that I need your view's ... Please share your view's ... I want from seniors & successful traders to participate in this thread ...& please guide us how you control your mind in panic situations ... how you people improved your mental state ..this would be great help :):):) .

Yes we need TA - yes we needed strategies .. yes we need trade plans but at 1st we needed right mental state to become successful trader ..A Mind with good and comfortable mental state will accumulate everything what desired and necessary by default .:):)

Last edited:

augubhai

Now I will try to tell impact of beliefs on our trading decisions .... with my little knowledge

My 1st belief is " market always try to make trader fool " ... as I am having this belief as very strong belief so I always think opposite about market move ... I always think opposite about simple & technical trading set up ..for example -if price of any scrip making higher-high & higher low and trading north ....that time .I always think its not actual move .. they ( market or big players ) trying to make me fool ... price will certainly go down after some time ...to eat stop losses of those who went long on this setup ... and that's why in past or nowadays in my day trading I missed many simple & successful trade setups .

that's is only one example how our inner belief impact on our trading decisions....I will share more examples in this thread how human mind works on beliefs & how we can master our mind to get success in trading :):) ..Please share your view's .
So then, the question is:

Does the market fool us, or do we fool ourselves?

rajsumi121

So then, the question is:

Does the market fool us, or do we fool ourselves?
Actually everyone having their own belief ... I am just saying this is one of my belief that market trying to make us fool .. and my belief is not ultimate truth ..it's my truth only ... but as you said is right we can think in this way to break this limited belief ...

rajsumi121

My key belief at the moment (my beliefs keep on changing)

1. I am no good at discretionary trading. So, no choice but to go for mechanical trading.
Do you think discretionary trading is better than mechanical ... 1st thing is that about .. please think and tell ... which :) method you think is better ???