Can I save on SIP via Online?

Hello,

I have invested few Mutual funds before, always through the Brokers and invested lumpsum.

Now, I am thinking if there is an option to buy existing or new mutual funds either lumpsum or SIP method. Is it possible through online? If so, which are the best websites to start with.

Thanks.

Hi chikkoo,

Yes you can invest online. FundsIndia is a very good website which you can consider for your online investments. Most of the AMCs are availabe under FundsIndia and it is very seamless.

Happy Investing !!

comm4300

Hello,

I have invested few Mutual funds before, always through the Brokers and invested lumpsum.

Now, I am thinking if there is an option to buy existing or new mutual funds either lumpsum or SIP method. Is it possible through online? If so, which are the best websites to start with.

Thanks.
Apart from fundsindia as suggested above, the fund houses themselves have started e-SIP facility.

HDFC, Birla, Reliance are the ones i know that have stared e-SIP.

If you already have invested in any of these fund houses, ask for online access through PIN request form and you are all set.

I agree with the last comment. However, there are 2 aspects one should consider before embarking on this path.

1) Time, Effort and Ease of investing through individual fund houses through online PINs. If you have less than 4 funds, I agree with this approach. However, if you plan to have many more funds, you may want to reconsider.

2) Use of a consolidated statement: I know CAMS gives you this, but having a single window is far more seamless. I have invested (& invest) through HDFC ISA, FundsIndia and sometimes brokers. I have found HDFC ISA to be far more seamless.

Please note that the commission part is a contentious one (refer other threads on the same). I would say go for that which is convenient for you.

Happy Investing !!

Check if they allow you to have a HDFC ISA account. If it's possible, it's the best way to invest for you as it will directly be linked to your account. There is a thread in this forum where we have discussed this in detail.

Happy Investing !!