Can i make 21 lakhs with a capital of 1 lakh by trading in options

MM007, option expiry, in an ideal world, should not affect the underlying. But for options, the best is to naked short vol and time decay on OTM contracts (puts are better) a couple of days before expiry.

There is a book by Augen which discusses how to trade vol on the day of expiry. But I have not been able to validate his findings in the Indian market due to unavailability of data. So I think the best is to short OTM options a day before expiry and then take a long weekend off. :D

And do remember to write in your autobiography, that you were not a greedy trader, and regarded spending quality time with your family more important than your business. :thumb:

Last edited:

mastermind007

MM007, option expiry, in an ideal world, should not affect the underlying. But for options, the best is to naked short vol and time decay on OTM contracts (puts are better) a couple of days before expiry.

There is a book by Augen which discusses how to trade vol on the day of expiry. But I have not been able to validate his findings in the Indian market due to unavailability of data. So I think the best is to short OTM options a day before expiry and then take a long weekend off. :D

And do remember to write in your autobiography, that you were not a greedy trader, and regarded spending quality time with your family more important than your business. :thumb:
he he he. been there!!! done that !!!

I've shorted CHAMBALFERT put ON E-1 once although I did not think of autobiography. I recall telling myself that it was cool 400Rs in a minute. (8000 lot size @ 5 paisa)

My nerves until 3:30 on expiry were hot cinders. :mad:

Me, Greedy? NAAAH Although options expired exactly as I wanted, I got little above 100 which were shorted by a friend @ CCD few hours later I squared off the day at zero!! I lost rest to all the brokerage and other such unpalatable words. :D