Can I book my loss at any moment irrespective of strike price before expiry

Hi Friends,
I have bought call option of TataSteel May 330 @prem val 7.
Now its around 300 @prem val 2.

I can see LOSS here.

I am new to options trading so like to know some details.

My query is, Can I book my loss at any moment irrespective of strike price. Or I have to wait till expiry date to exercise my position.

Also, If I will square off @Prem val of 2, then my loss will be:
(7-2)*1000= Rs. 5000. loss
where, 1000 is lot size.

Please advise, am I correct in this calculation.

Hi Friends,
I have bought call option of TataSteel May 330 @prem val 7.
Now its around 300 @prem val 2.

I can see LOSS here.

I am new to options trading so like to know some details.

My query is, Can I book my loss at any moment irrespective of strike price. Or I have to wait till expiry date to exercise my position.

Also, If I will square off @Prem val of 2, then my loss will be:
(7-2)*1000= Rs. 5000. loss
where, 1000 is lot size.

Please advise, am I correct in this calculation.
Yes you can sell this call anytime...no need to wait till expiry.But you have to sell call of same strike price...330 in yr case.

Loss calculation is correct .

Smart_trade

Thanks.
By this..
"But you have to sell call of same strike price...330 in yr case." you mean to say I have to sell same contract of 330 strike price(which i bought) OR when the price of contract reaches to strike price of 330.

Please advise.

Thanks.
By this..
"But you have to sell call of same strike price...330 in yr case." you mean to say I have to sell same contract of 330 strike price(which i bought) OR when the price of contract reaches to strike price of 330.

Please advise.
Yes you have to sell the same strike price contract which you have bought. 330 call in yr case. You can sell it anytime. The premium will vary and will depend on the current price of the underlying. But dont sell 300 call , it is a different contract. Sell 330 call only and you can sell it any time.

ST

TraderRavi

low risk profile
please get information, how to buy /sell the instrument ,before entering in a trade..........