Buy on dips

hey
how do u guys keep track of the fall in the market. any excel sheet or other software that captures live data from the bse website and alerts on certain percentage falls and highs?

Simple.. U take sensex and decide ur levels to buy additional units... at 17500 i purchased additional units.. If market goes below 17500 i will buy.

To make it simple
mark every 1000 fall and buy additional units
Keep buying for more money when correction is large

so u buy units in funds that u already have regular SIPs in (if so then is this a large & mid cap or some other category?) or do u have one particular MF that u invest in only when the market falls?
also post such investments do you stay invested for 3-4 years or do u sell off after a year?

Last edited:
That i decide based on my percentage of large mid, small cap. To clculate that u can enter all ur SIPs and additional purchase in value research online my portfolio then go to analysis page-u will know the allocation. i try to maintain 60-70% in large,20-30% in mid, <10% in small.. As of now my large cap stays around 56%.So next additional purchase i will do with large cap based fund(in which already SIP is running). So i rotate(If necessary) and buy.. I dont sell for small rallies at all.. I accumulate units when market down.. When market raise i juz skip SIPs and try to take back the amount i spent for additional purchase................... Again if market goes then i may consider selling(minimally).. So it may remain for many years..

as of now i thought i will buy only quantum MF on dips (bought some 1k on last dip just to start the account n have the processing done). rest is on SIP.