Brainstorming on trading topics

manny.here

@sumosanammain sir , I do not have any mechanical system though trying for one. Going through initial hiccups of having the system and trading as per the system. Not easy for me to take all the trades due to work part, so taking some trades as per the system. I get 4/5 trades but am able to take 1 or max 2. So not fully utilising the trades generated by the system.

Not very much aware of AFL coding so backtesting is done manually for last 6 months in 1 hour timeframe.

Do you recommend to have the system tested manually for last 5 years data. And if I can not enter all trades as per the system should I consider only the trades taken to find the output of the system or for the trades not taken I should consider them as well.

Your inputs will be highly helpful though I do not get filtered by your criteria.

May be you can just specify what are the tasks to be done before we call a system ready for mechanical which will help us gain some from your experience.

Thanks

iwillwin

One Primary thing I have not discussed here, is the instrument.
According to me, and this is just my own opinion, any instrument other than Nifty Futures is not suitable for system trading. This is because the nature of the price movement changes according to he business cycle that the scrip is going through. Since the Nifty is an average of 50 companies, the effect of 2 or maybe 5 companies does not have that much of an effect on the nature of the movement. Though this is also becoming skewed, nowadays, with banks having a major say in the movement.
By the time, you spend a few months and perfect a system on a particular company, its nature may or may not change. Thats your luck. Now, people will say, since you have tested 5 years of data, all cycles, the system muct have already accounted for that kind of movement. True to an extent, but companies can go through particular phases for years, till their slump, or run up continues. Nifty shrugs it off in a few days or a few weeks.

Anyway, logging off for a few weeks now, have a whole lot of work to do.
You can always reach me at my youtube chanel, titled, " Make 8658345638 percent per month risk free "
How do I find the you tube channel...I am not getting anything on searching

sumosanammain

@sumosanammain sir , I do not have any mechanical system though trying for one. Going through initial hiccups of having the system and trading as per the system. Not easy for me to take all the trades due to work part, so taking some trades as per the system. I get 4/5 trades but am able to take 1 or max 2. So not fully utilising the trades generated by the system.

Not very much aware of AFL coding so backtesting is done manually for last 6 months in 1 hour timeframe.

Do you recommend to have the system tested manually for last 5 years data. And if I can not enter all trades as per the system should I consider only the trades taken to find the output of the system or for the trades not taken I should consider them as well.

Your inputs will be highly helpful though I do not get filtered by your criteria.

May be you can just specify what are the tasks to be done before we call a system ready for mechanical which will help us gain some from your experience.

Thanks
Give me some time, I will answer your queries.

XRAY27

I am not a 100 % mechanical systems person ( though my trade entry and stoploss is mechanical and happy that way ) but I was expecting to gain some inputs on mechanical systems development , so was watching silently.....I was hoping that you will take a simple system, backtest it and then add parameters, again backtest, change few parameters, backtest....then backtest on different data set ....to finally illustrate how system development is done....so I have to wait for few more weeks till Sumo arrives on the scene again.....

Smart_trade
Da !!! Below is good read on mechanical system ,it covers lot on back-testing..,nice to see a thread on mechanical system testing !!

1/TRADING SYSTEMS TRADING SYSTEMS by urban jakie and emilo tomasini

2/TRADING SYSTEMS AND MONEY MANAGEMENT by Stridsman Thomas.

They provide enough content on backtesting and system building..

Last edited:
hi im also very happy to join this great platform. lets discuss and learn here
i m also happy after becoming part of this website

Dear Traders I Created a Method which works good in Stock & commodity Makret very well if you are interested then ping me at xxxnot allowedxxxxxx( i can try to help you throught power of my secret method

Last edited by a moderator: