• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters

columbus

Re: Where Are You Columbus Bhai?????

HARI OM COLUMBUS BHAI :thumb:

WHERE ARE YOU DEAR FRIEND????? HOPING THAT YOU WOULD POST SOME COMMENTS FROM YOUR SIDE DURING INTRADAY.

AFTER ALL MY THREAD REQUIRES COMMENTS FROM EXPERTS.

AWAITING YOUR COMMENT AND SUGGESTION AT MY THREAD.

TAKE CARE BUDDY.

REGARDS,
NISHIKANT K. HADGE
Nishikant,

I follow couple of threads like yours and "......ambush-style" during market
hours sometimes.I consider myself a STUDENT and follow seniors.

columbus

BB(20,2) on 3min-5min time frames are shown below.

This is a self-explanatory post.(not NIfty futures)

columbus

Sorry to put up chart late.

As you can see from the chart BB scores over
keltner.In case of Keltner band the movement
is hardly seen over bands.

Courtesy:LineUpEnergy

Columbus,
Just a word of caution before you conclude with one set of charts.

If I were you I would compare both BB and Keltner for Nifty, extensively for at least a year worth of data(if EOD) or at least 6 weeks of intraday data(perhaps picked with market in different stages). So you might have to cover trend mode, range breakout, consolidation, run away markets and what not.....

There're limitations to both concepts. One market wizard I know uses BB only on those days markets consolidates after a breakout day.....rest of the days it's Keltner but with a different set of parameters.

Then again, if you're a big believer in BB, you could also investigate using MACDBBs as an indicator to work with BB bands for prices.

Regards
Shreenath

Sorry to put up chart late.

As you can see from the chart BB scores over
keltner.In case of Keltner band the movement
is hardly seen over bands.

Courtesy:LineUpEnergy

columbus

BB(20,2) on 3&5 min time frames is shown below.

At 1400 the index was in OVERBOUGHT
zone at 4580, but going above 4590 is bit
surprising.

Last edited:

columbus

Columbus,
Just a word of caution before you conclude with one set of charts.

If I were you I would compare both BB and Keltner for Nifty, extensively for at least a year worth of data(if EOD) or at least 6 weeks of intraday data(perhaps picked with market in different stages). So you might have to cover trend mode, range breakout, consolidation, run away markets and what not.....

There're limitations to both concepts. One market wizard I know uses BB only on those days markets consolidates after a breakout day.....rest of the days it's Keltner but with a different set of parameters.

Then again, if you're a big believer in BB, you could also investigate using MACDBBs as an indicator to work with BB bands for prices.

Regards
Shreenath
Well said, the sampling interval is rather poor.
Before concluding we should have atleast 3 month's data ?????
One thing that is striking is BB are widely used by many people.

columbus

BB(20,2) on 3&5 min frames is shown below.

In the late morning session,there no candles
in the top band (barring in the beginning)
and almost no candles in the bottom
band in the late afternoon session.

Mangafreakz

@Columbus Sir
I saw in an earlier post of yours that you lost bookmarks due to a Firefox crash. Sad to hear that , I have lost many imp bookmarks of my fav sites and passwords due to crashes. :(
I forgot in which thread you posted it , so replying here , dont mind. I hope this app helps you . "MozBackup" , google it and the first official site has it available for download. With this you can backup not only your Bookmarks , but also History , Passwords , Firefox addons and your choice of settings , which you can access from anywhere as long as you have the saved .PCV file of the software :)

columbus

@Columbus Sir
I saw in an earlier post of yours that you lost bookmarks due to a Firefox crash. Sad to hear that , I have lost many imp bookmarks of my fav sites and passwords due to crashes. :(
I forgot in which thread you posted it , so replying here , dont mind. I hope this app helps you . "MozBackup" , google it and the first official site has it available for download. With this you can backup not only your Bookmarks , but also History , Passwords , Firefox addons and your choice of settings , which you can access from anywhere as long as you have the saved .PCV file of the software :)
Hi Mangafreakz,
Thanks for concern.Another boarder also responded by giving another
program to backup bookmarks (I think it is "xdownload" ).The messages
I posted in "Daily tryst with nifty"... by sunil.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0