BollingerBands

Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
Dear Columbusji,

This is a great thread, needs to be in action. I am going thru this entire thread but will be much easier if some pdf/word notes are available for this thread......Any PDF/Word for this thread?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

columbus

Dear Columbusji,

This is a great thread, needs to be in action. I am going thru this entire thread but will be much easier if some pdf/word notes are available for this thread......Any PDF/Word for this thread?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Hi Gaur_Krishna,

There are 2 threads ,that are updated on daily basis, using BOLLIGER BANDS.
(Intraday)
1.EMA strip in BB by timepass
2.3D-Bollinger Bands by me.

I occasionally visit this thread ,to post POSITIONAL data.

columbus

Any PDF/DOC of any of these threads?.....

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Hi Gaur_Krishna,

NO.Basically I am keeping this thread as a reference thread, because you can
refer any historical intra day chart.At present I am using it to post POSITIONAL
data.

columbus

Would you mind explaining the STRANGE looking bands?
These are STANDARD bollinger bands with SMA-20 and EMA-7.Everything is
mentioned in the chart.

Excellent PK, well said..... :thumb:
Thanks for this.....:clapping:
Just need to apply ST da's OB/OS rules.... Better stoch than RSI ....
SMA 10 takes care of MACD, so MACD not needed as such .... Thus a beautiful set up: BB(20,2), SMA10 & Stoch(3,8,4)

Dear Columbus & Timepass, your comments on these settings please....

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Probably like many , i do start off (sometimes even stick to) with the 1 min TF, Just in case u have a lower brokerage and dont wanna wait for too long. I have been looking into four simple observations - BB, sma 10, RSI and MACD. As i have observed these indicators closely ever since columbus bhai has started off this thread, let me put up a few basic points that i think might be helpful in fetching a few points and make up ur day.

You can find the settings in the chart itself,
Wait for a BB pierce, RSI and MACD cross over.Once the BB is pierced its NOT a confirmation to take a trade.I definitely wait for a RSI crossover keeping an eye on MACD as well. RSI goes with the BB's and give you a good entry, but if you want confirmation you need to wait for the lagging MACD where you might lose out on a few points but NO HARM to WAIT. Alternatively an indication of a definite change in trend is to wait for the price to cross above/below the SMA 10. This helps in reducing risk and getting a few points never mind losing out a few. On choppy days like Friday the 1 min looks a perfect setup.I look only at 1,3 and 5 .If your looking to book a few points here and there 1 min is the best.If you think you are riding with the trend just keep looking at the 3 and 5 min for a indication of change in trend.

If you are looking for a positional entry 15 min is the best to go for, just because you are into and out of the trade as soon as the trend changes and this lets you make most with out missing out some gains.

Just a few observations, very basic ..Hope seniors can add some more.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0