• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
So what happens when Vix reduced & gap also reduced
More volatility?
Anything else?
Generally, lower volatility is associated with buying in the equities. So, we are likely to see more upside as per this parameter. Of course, it is a guidance only and it can change in a flash. Yes, more upside is expected, unless the global cues change for much worse. Locally, as long as FII buying is in force, it looks like buy on dips.

Attachments

Generally, lower volatility is associated with buying in the equities. So, we are likely to see more upside as per this parameter. Of course, it is a guidance only and it can change in a flash. Yes, more upside is expected, unless the global cues change for much worse. Locally, as long as FII buying is in force, it looks like buy on dips.
Thanks for quick answer.

I am more interested in what happen when vix is low & gap is reduced in bollingerband ?

vikrit

as per past data sometimes at lower VIX values, selling continue in market (blue arrow lines in image), and at higher VIX, buying (red arrow lines)

as per past data sometimes at lower VIX values, selling continue in market (blue arrow lines in image), and at higher VIX, buying (red arrow lines)
Excellent observation, Vikrit. That must be something to do with accumulation/distribution (I am zero about that) or simply buying at lower levels and selling at higher levels.

From where did you get vix historical data ?? Can you post it as .xls file here? Thanks

Bollingerbands for Friday, 20th July, 2012 : Support at 5200, resistance at 20SMA

A downtrending day, as is normal with the days before Reliance results. Also, Sharad Pawar's political googly must've spooked the markets. Anyway, technically too it looks like some sort of downtrend because 7EMA is now fully below 20 SMA, and is red again, and yesterday's minimal gap of 2 points has increased to 12 points.

20SMA is still green and the BB are still narrower (Range : 5374-5101, Width : 273). The upper BB is flattish while the lower BB is still rising. There is a marginal increase in India vix. Maybe a violent move is coming. Don't know on which side.

At this point, European markets are trading in the red (0.5%) and DOW futures are red too. INR has closed weaker by 15 paisa against USD and dollar index is way above 83 mark (83.40).

These cues aren't very encouraging for the bulls, but Reliance results can change the equation drastically. Also, let's remember that, on the way up too, when the upmove stumbled, Nifty found repeated support at 5100.

In futures, today's ATP is far below yesterday's and was trending down the whole day. NF found it nearly impossible to cross its ATP almost throughout the session, but something kept it up during the last few minutes and the futures have ended about half a point above the ATP.

I wish some member here would tell us more about how to trade the relationship between ATP and CMP.

India vix = 16.89, NF ATP : 5219.92 LTP = 5220.45

vikrit

Excellent observation, Vikrit. That must be something to do with accumulation/distribution (I am zero about that) or simply buying at lower levels and selling at higher levels.

From where did you get vix historical data ?? Can you post it as .xls file here? Thanks
these are trade-tiger charts. tt have all indices. open all indices from market watch, then double click for chart, data can be saved as csv. vix movement can be watched intraday also with RT quotes. if find any problem in getting the data or chart let me know.

these are trade-tiger charts. tt have all indices. open all indices from market watch, then double click for chart, data can be saved as csv. vix movement can be watched intraday also with RT quotes. if find any problem in getting the data or chart let me know.
Yes of course one can save the data. But where is the vix ?? in which marketwatch ??

vikrit

for tt1.0.5.0- click on all indices, then double click on INDIA VIX for chart.

for tt2.2- click on 'all' highlighted in circle, then double click on INDIA VIX for chart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0