Bank Nifty Options - a Question

Hi Friends,

Let us suppose that I have a position in weekly BN options. At settlement time, what is the BN price for settlement? Is it -

The last value of Index

OR

The average value of index for last 30 mins

Thanks in anticipation

praveen98

Hi Friends,

Let us suppose that I have a position in weekly BN options. At settlement time, what is the BN price for settlement? Is it -

The last value of Index

OR

Thanks in anticipation
HI,
The later one...

Closing price of the securities is the last 30 minutes VWAP.
But the closing price of index is NOT the last 30 minutes average.

That is what I had given in -
Closing price of the Index is the weighted average (as defined in the index) of the closing prices of the constituent securities!
There is no volume in index! The weighted average is on the basis of the weightage ratio given to the scrips in the index (constituent securities in the index). Means, the index is calculated on the closing prices (not the last traded prices) of the index securities according to their weightage in the index.

toocool

Closing price of the securities is the last 30 minutes VWAP.
But the closing price of index is NOT the last 30 minutes average.

That is what I had given in -

There is no volume in index! The weighted average is on the basis of the weightage ratio given to the scrips in the index (constituent securities in the index). Means, the index is calculated on the closing prices (not the last traded prices) of the index securities according to their weightage in the index.
Index or no index

Closing price is the vwap of last 30 minutes

Period

Index has volume, you just don't see it, index is made up of shares and shares have volume

Period