Augubhai's notes - Smarts, Guts and Luck

onlinegtrash

Today's market symmetry. Symmetric around 5700.

1. LTP of NF exactly 5700
2. LTP of 5600CE/5800PE and 5500CE/5900PE pairs almost same
3. Highs and Lows of 5600CE/5800PE and 5500CE/5900PE pairs almost same
4. NF High/Low +/-33.5 points from 5700

And if u look further, you will also find that the LTT are almost same :)
Good spotting Augubhai!
I saw open and close being same but missed this symmetry.

Now this makes me wonder... how this symmetry is possible, looks like bunch of big money bags can decorate nifty chart at their will with symmetry! Or could it be through some spontaneous thing, through some sort of huge delta neutral hedging...

DSM

Augubhai,

Ref. your post below :

Ed Seykota quote : Everybody gets what they want out of the market.

Take care dude, there are many members rooting for you.

Life is full of regrets. The MFE shown are just today's list of regrets...

augubhai

Made the following changes to trading rules:

1. Take signals from the NF chart, not from the option chart.

Not sure how much this will help, because I have to place my stops in the options charts. Even with this change, I would have still taken yesterday's trade 3, because 58P broke the Day High, but maybe I would have gotten out earlier.

2. On large MFE, try to lock in a higher %.

So probably, I will have lesser regrets about missing MFE, but this could result in additional whipsaws. Anyway, I have defined "large MFE" as sufficiently large - just enough to avoid 70-100 points SL :)

I know these comments do not make sense to anyone else, since i am not sharing the trading rules. These are just notes to myself, so when I look back at the diary, I will at least know what I was trying.

ajeetsingh

Bhai, i think picture is not yet clear that nifty will go down as current option trend shows slightly up
Earned 13 points from long trade @ 5696, I am out now.
Ab Nifty ka jo bi ho, mujhe kya!

Again, mechanical trading today. Did some changes to the rules in the morning.

The signal could have been ignored, because it happened due to the freak High in NF at open, but anyway I took it.
Everybody has his own way of trading but Bro, option data always help in confirming trend, I think so

arcus

Today's market symmetry. Symmetric around 5700.

1. LTP of NF exactly 5700
2. LTP of 5600CE/5800PE and 5500CE/5900PE pairs almost same
3. Highs and Lows of 5600CE/5800PE and 5500CE/5900PE pairs almost same
4. NF High/Low +/-33.5 points from 5700

And if u look further, you will also find that the LTT are almost same :)

The symmetry you have pointed out is not magical. It basically means that the option traders thinks the Nifty will end the series at 5700. (which still has only 4 trading sessions)

The market is not expecting any major moves either side in the next 4 days. So, the market will remain choppy. Its best to avoid non-trending markets.