Assistance Required : Urgent

Hi, I am sorry if these stocks have been discussed in other forums, however, I am going through some real torrid time in stock equities,where everything I have touched over the last 2 years have turned into a horrific experience.

Need your suggestions for the following :-
1)Tata Motors : 600 shares @ 350
2)Gati : 1300 shares @ 114
3)Supreme Tex Mart : -40,000 shares @ 3.19
4)DHFL : 125 Shares @ 325
5)SBI Life : 50 shares @ 665

All my stocks are bleeding, while Supreme Tex Mart is not being traded anymore i guess. Can anyone suggest me , is there any scope of turn around. Please assist.

primitivetrader

Hi, I am sorry if these stocks have been discussed in other forums, however, I am going through some real torrid time in stock equities,where everything I have touched over the last 2 years have turned into a horrific experience.

All my stocks are bleeding, while Supreme Tex Mart is not being traded anymore i guess. Can anyone suggest me , is there any scope of turn around. Please assist.
apart from sbi life all your holding are crashed. practically you cannot do anything apart from forgetting it for a long time and hope and preying that your price will come and if amount is not big for you square off and book loss. the way above stocks are falling you may see more pain in near future.

You are investing in stocks for which the profits are dwindling.....the stock prices go up only if the stock earnings increase. No amount of our hope is going to help these stocks go up untill their profits grow. All stocks which have dipped are not necessarily good stocks to invest, some of them have come down for some valid reasons so avoid such stocks.

Smart_trade

Hi Thanks for the revert. I know some of those buy have been impulsive and emotional buys , while trying to average the buying price during the dips. While i understand the issues with Tata Motors and DHFL , Need your help for me to understand the following bits :-
a)Issue with Gati : it was always pitched as a stock to look out for? is there any scope of turn around in this case? Currently trading at 66 odd, should i just leave it for now? buy more, or just sell?
b) Supreme tex mart : grave rookie mistake of buying stock through sms blast messages. has trading been indefinitely stopped for this one? will trading ever resume, or is it just gone , and with that my money?
Please , if i can get some pointers for these two stocks, it will help me to plan further. I am not so keen to get rid of any of the stocks, if there is any chance for revival--even in long term!

I think that traders should understand well movements and current levels of one stock. There are various types of investors so everyone is seeking something different in one stock. You should always start with question: Why I am buying this stock? Is it low P/E, IPO, dividend payout, etc

andal

I think we should be very strict in cutting losses. We should have pre-defined SL (2%, 5% or 10%) based on the risk appetite of the individual. Once SL is hit, it is better to get out of the stock and re-enter only when things looks better for the stock.
I have also made huge mistakes in holding duds forever and now even if I sell those, I need to pay more in terms of transaction charges. Hence will keep these duds forever and whenever I see these in my holdings, it always reminds me what not to do going forward. Only better thing I did was not to average in most stocks except in Yes Bank (which I think is not a dud stock) where I did average when it came below sub 200 and it is currently trading at my average buy price.

When I look back at my investment choices, I realize how stupid I was in investing hard earned money in junk stocks without doing much of home work about the companies.

pannet1

i hate equities for this reason. investors holding stocks are the biggest risk takers IMHO.

For TAMO F&O is available. You could sell a CALL spread for that price. But you need to have more investment for that

Call up Supreme Tex public relations officer and ask if anyone will be interested in purchasing your 40,000 shares. (i dont know the finer details, but this is beg, borrow, steal method)

In future, deal in futures, so you could SELL first if necessary. If you can't invest that much change the exchange (MCX).

if you are married to stock market, try to split your risk into pyramid lots (1x, 3x, 8x). You would have ended up holding on 60 shares (300 / 12x) of TAMO by this method. the lot size is not written in stone, you could alter it as per risk appetite

Good luck !