Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

kum2305

Hi:

Anyone know how I can get rid of the below highlighted error when running ABCDCurl: "Bad zip file.. could not extract Bhavcopy"

*** Downloading for 2020-04-01***

curl -L -f -k --max-time 10 --url http://www1.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2020/APR/cm01APR2020bhav.csv.zip -o /ABCD/NSE/cm01APR2020bhav.csv.zip
Downloaded NseBhavcopy Zip
curl -f -k --max-time 10 https://www.nseindia.com/archives/equities/mto/MTO_01042020.DAT -o /ABCD/NSE/MTO01042020.DAT
Downloaded NseDeliverable

Bad zip file.. could not extract Bhavcopy

kum2305

Along with the above message, another screen Rebol/View opens up where the following message is displayed:

** Access Error: Cannot open /D/ABCD/ABCDCurl/NSE/ind_close_all_03042020.csv
** Where: csv-import
** Near: temp: read/lines file
temp2: copy
>>

josh1

make it mdy format eg 12/14/15 for all date ,but may be huge task.
i suggest u as far my little knowledge
josh another facter nse future symbol is given as expiry date.
if it is possible to have eg NIFTY-I ,BANKNIFTY-I format in ticker?
any way main indices be nifty,banknifty,nsemidcap,nseit, midcap50,nse100,nse500,nsedifty etc.

i think u will update latter this software,pls think about it or if u provide chek box option for indices as in hakija or nse eod datadownloader(rohit).
it is just a suggestion.
any way i have learnt about format file by ur thread and may want ur suggestion about a csv format file for the data i use mainly now
make it mdy format eg 12/14/15 for all date ,but may be huge task.
i suggest u as far my little knowledge
Hi:

Anyone know how I can get rid of the below highlighted error when running ABCDCurl: "Bad zip file.. could not extract Bhavcopy"

*** Downloading for 2020-04-01***

curl -L -f -k --max-time 10 --url http://www1.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2020/APR/cm01APR2020bhav.csv.zip -o /ABCD/NSE/cm01APR2020bhav.csv.zip
Downloaded NseBhavcopy Zip
curl -f -k --max-time 10 https://www.nseindia.com/archives/equities/mto/MTO_01042020.DAT -o /ABCD/NSE/MTO01042020.DAT
Downloaded NseDeliverable

Bad zip file.. could not extract Bhavcopy
It means you are not getting file from nse server

kum2305

It means you are not getting file from nse server
But the message says that the NSEBhavcopy Zip file did get downloaded, just that the ABCDCurl could not extract it.

Along with this message, as mentioned in my earlier message, simultaneously, another screen Rebol/View opens up where the following message is displayed:

>>

Infact, when I go to the NSE folder in ABCD, the NSEBhavcopy Zip file is there which I'm able to manually extract but it's a tedious task.

So, the Bhavcopy in zipped format is getting downloaded but it's not getting extracted (unzipped) as a part of the ABCDCurl program.

That's the problem.

josh1

But the message says that the NSEBhavcopy Zip file did get downloaded, just that the ABCDCurl could not extract it.

Along with this message, as mentioned in my earlier message, simultaneously, another screen Rebol/View opens up where the following message is displayed:

>>

Infact, when I go to the NSE folder in ABCD, the NSEBhavcopy Zip file is there which I'm able to manually extract but it's a tedious task.

So, the Bhavcopy in zipped format is getting downloaded but it's not getting extracted (unzipped) as a part of the ABCDCurl program.

That's the problem.
Are you having latest version of Application? Download again and check. I hope you have windows 10

josh1

Hi:

It's the latest version of the application. However, I have Windows 7. Any work around?
Windows 7 does not have Curl.exe. You will have to manually copy it into system32 folder. Better way is to install windows10 which comes pre installed with Curl.exe. Win 10 also does not require to be activated for running amibroker or rtd. It does not allow you to personlise certain aspects.

josh1

Windows 7 does not have Curl.exe. You will have to manually copy it into system32 folder. Better way is to install windows10 which comes pre installed with Curl.exe and unzip. Win 10 also does not require to be activated for running amibroker or rtd. It does not allow you to personlise certain aspects.

kum2305

Following earlier instructions, I had already copied curl.exe in the systems 32 folder. Also, as per earlier suggestion, had removed it from the ABCDCurl folder.

It seems everything is working, it's downloading the bhavcopies etc. Only that when it comes to unzipping the bhavcopy, it's not being able to do it. Don't know what's going wrong. Also, it seems I'm the only one facing this issue because I've got to believe there have to be others who're using it on Windows 7. Thanks