Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

bapu4

After reading manual & other adjustment No solution. :(

Then got Jugad Idea. other database (other drive) working fine for weekend; so save as that database in ABCD database.

Deleted all symbol. Now uploaded ABCD data. Working like never had problem. :p
Hi,
It seems you can guide me for how to use multiple data bases,can you please !!

Relish

Hi,
It seems you can guide me for how to use multiple data bases,can you please !!
I used two database folder one for ABCD Day & other for intraday data. When need to go day data I open that database in amibroker by "öpen database" which I required.

josh1

Hello Josh

As CNX nifty has changed itself to Nifty 50, I'm not able to download the previous data. So I changed the name in NSEIndex.txt file as "CNX Nifty,Nifty 50" after doing that all downloaded files showed the name as CNX Nifty instead of Nifty 50. Can you please help me with this issue .? I had attached the screen shots for reference

Regards

Pavan:(:(
Sorry missed that. Find out from which date they changed name to Nifty 50(some time in December 15). Download data up to that date as "CNX Nifty,Nifty 50". Thereafter, you need not change name.

In ABCD is this even possible to Download data for BSE SENSEX index along with traded Volume at EOD? I am talking about Index itself and not the scripts in the index. Also, I am looking for Volume data. Possible?

amitrandive

Thanks , NSE has added many Indices which are not useful.

Can we merge the older Indices with the New Indices?

Example CNX Nifty name was changed to Nifty50, same applies to other main Indices like Bank,Auto,Pharma.

My question is whether we can have the merged data for all such Indices at one place using ABCD.
Josh Sir

Is the above possible in ABCD?

josh1

mudraatrader

Joshi bro

The resulting merged file will contain data, indices and date wise OR file wise.

To explain,
suppose we have 26 indices namely a, b, c ..... x, y and z
and we want to merge EOD data of these 26 indices, that is contained in 10 text files, date wise, say
1.5, 2.5, ...... 10.5

Now, the merged data will be
a text file containing merged data with, Index a 1.5, 2.5, ...... 10.5 (date wise), then index b 1.5, 2.5, ...... 10.5 (date wise) and so on

OR, will it be

a text file containing merged data, first data of date 1.5, then data of 2.5 and so on

Thanks

josh1

@mudratrader,
Text file for all indices is downloaded in one file every day. I do not merge them. Amibroker is capable of doing that.

mudraatrader

@mudratrader,
Text file for all indices is downloaded in one file every day. I do not merge them. Amibroker is capable of doing that.
I understand that, bro. I posted my query, as you said in a reply to a previous post that it is possible to merge indices text file.

Moreover I do not want to import all these indices and stocks EOD data to amibroker. I want to import only 3-4 indices and 20-25 stocks EOD data after merging/consolidating these EOD data text files and to keep rest of the merged/consolidated files into my database. So posted my query.

Please reply if it is possible to merge/consolidate these indices/or equity EOD text files in 1 or 2-3 text files that too scrip wise with ascending/descending dates.

Thanks

Last edited:

josh1

I understand that, bro. I posted my query, as you said in a reply to a previous post that it is possible to merge indices text file.

Moreover I do not want to import all these indices and stocks EOD data to amibroker. I want to import only 3-4 indices and 20-25 stocks EOD data after merging/consolidating these EOD data text files and to keep rest of the merged/consolidated files into my database. So posted my query.

Please reply if it is possible to merge/consolidate these indices/or equity EOD text files in 1 or 2-3 text files that too scrip wise with ascending/descending dates.

Thanks
It is possible but not in ABCD.