Algo Trading @MasterTrust

agsuresh

i am master trust trader from past 6 month .they had provided fully automatic trading till last week(1-9-15). but now semi automatic. due to some one has raise complaint against company. bcoz its against sebi rules. i just become there sub broker to avail this offer. taken rent of ncfm certificate
What do you mean by "taken rent of ncfm certificate" ?

Doe it mean, even if one has not written the qualifying exam or do not have a authentic certificate, one get it on rent and do fully auto algo trading ?

There is one more alarming thing.
//due to some one has raise complaint against company. bcoz its against sebi rules.//

That does mean, this company was knowingly allowing the retail customers do the fully auto algo trading - against the rules and regulations.

How could a responsible company do such a thing?

Is this the only thing they do - I mean breaking the rules? or is there more ?

I think the company needs to address this issues to restore confidence in it.

Who was the spoilsport? Can we file an RTI for knowing the person's identity, or at least a name? From what I gather reading ur post, I was wrong in accusing the Mastertrust employees of perjury, and, hence, I apologise for the same!!

Dear agsuresh! Ur thoughts have indeed been a source of inspiration for me. However, I would like to state that the SEBI laws/ circulars have been ambiguous in this regard, and that was the main reason brokers like MT were allowed to pursue their marketing campaign in this connection. Now what SEBI needs to do is to come out with a definable, as well as, legally acceptable, set of rules to allow algo trading, whether by HNI clients, FIIs, DIIs, MFs, small investors/ traders. Unfortunately for us, we have people in-charge who or either too old to take such steps, or are incapable due to their various incapacities, {reasons un-defined}. What SEBI is encouraging right now, is that u can climb onto the Algo wagon surreptitiously, by paying someone. This does not abode well for any market, when the regulator itself turns a blind eye onto such perpetrators of illegal {as per their laws/ constitution} acts!!!!

I notice there is a new module on the NCFM site. The cost is a bit high, but will SEBI allow algo-trading by anyone who completes this course? :

http://www.nseindia.com/education/content/module_ncfm.htm

Algorithmic Trading Module

Technology development across global markets has necessitated a multidimensional approach for understanding the Importance of Algorithmic Trading. This course encompasses trading in various asset classes with special focus on Equity Index Futures, Options, and Commodities.

Why should one take this course?
• To improve the knowledge in Algorithmic Trading.
• To learn about different trading strategies.
• To Learn Risk Management in Algorithmic Trading.
• To learn about Algorithmic Trading and its Audit and Compliance Process.

Who will benefit from this course?
• Analysts
• Dealers
• Traders
• Consultants
• Investors
• Students
• Anybody having interest in the Stock market operations

Test details

Duartion: 60 minutes

No. of questions: 100

Maximum marks: 100, Passing marks: 60 (60%). There is negative marking for incorrect answers.

Certificate validity: For successful candidates certificates are valid for 3 years from the test date.

Fees

6,840/- (Rupees Six Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty only) inclusive of service tax.

Last edited:

alroyraj

I notice there is a new module on the NCFM site. The cost is a bit high, but will SEBI allow algo-trading by anyone who completes this course? :

http://www.nseindia.com/education/content/module_ncfm.htm

Algorithmic Trading Module

Technology development across global markets has necessitated a multidimensional approach for understanding the Importance of Algorithmic Trading. This course encompasses trading in various asset classes with special focus on Equity Index Futures, Options, and Commodities.

Why should one take this course?
• To improve the knowledge in Algorithmic Trading.
• To learn about different trading strategies.
• To Learn Risk Management in Algorithmic Trading.
• To learn about Algorithmic Trading and its Audit and Compliance Process.

Who will benefit from this course?
• Analysts
• Dealers
• Traders
• Consultants
• Investors
• Students
• Anybody having interest in the Stock market operations

Test details

Duartion: 60 minutes

No. of questions: 100

Maximum marks: 100, Passing marks: 60 (60%). There is negative marking for incorrect answers.

Certificate validity: For successful candidates certificates are valid for 3 years from the test date.

Fees

6,840/- (Rupees Six Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty only) inclusive of service tax.
NSE can offer as many modules as they want. This doesnt mean that SEBI will approve of retail investors of trying algo trading.
Currently they are intent on raising fno margins to 'protect' retail traders, if they knew about algo they would shut this down entirely. The SEBI chief is from MF industry so cannot believe that retail investors and traders can make money without the MF as a vehicle.

Still people are clever enough to find a solution which works for them through approved providers and custom solutions and/or by becoming a sub broker or authorised person. The mandatory NCFM certifications are required and easy to clear. So that shouldnt stop a trader from finding the solution that works best for him.

Dear Traderji members,

MasterTrust has now partnered with Symphony to provide a suite of advanced execution strategies.

Videos:
Presto Smart Manual Trader Demo CLICK HERE
Excel Traders(Macros/VB Scripting) Demo CLICK HERE
PrestoJobEx strategy execution for Technical Analysts CLICK HERE
PrestoSmartJobbing strategy for Intraday Jobbers CLICK HERE
Watch a short video to understand Presto SMT: Next Gen Trading Terminal CLICK HERE

Technical Documentation:
Presto PrePackaged Algos CLICK HERE
Excel Traders(Macros/VB Scripting) CLICK HERE
Custom API users(.NET,JAVA,Python,C#, Presto etc) CLICK HERE

Please post your queries regarding execution or API integration.

Happy Trading!
AlgoTrading@Mastertrust
Click for Inquiry
Click for Demo of MasterTrader v3.0

NJ23

Dear Traderji members,

MasterTrust has now partnered with Symphony to provide a suite of advanced execution strategies.

Videos:
Presto Smart Manual Trader Demo CLICK HERE
Excel Traders(Macros/VB Scripting) Demo CLICK HERE
PrestoJobEx strategy execution for Technical Analysts CLICK HERE
PrestoSmartJobbing strategy for Intraday Jobbers CLICK HERE
Watch a short video to understand Presto SMT: Next Gen Trading Terminal CLICK HERE

Technical Documentation:
Presto PrePackaged Algos CLICK HERE
Excel Traders(Macros/VB Scripting) CLICK HERE
Custom API users(.NET,JAVA,Python,C#, Presto etc) CLICK HERE

Please post your queries regarding execution or API integration.

Happy Trading!
AlgoTrading@Mastertrust
Click for Inquiry
For EQ and FO and notCDS & MCX right?

Dear Traderji Members,

As requested by some members, we are starting Weekly Education Tip to post something distinctive and practically useful in every-day algo trading.

Smart Execution:

One of the unique features in MasterTraderv3.0 is Smart Execution- it allows to minimize slippage costs than traditional orders like Limit Order and Market Order.

Currently there are 2 options CURRENT and BEST. CURRENT means a BUY order shall be executed at best Ask price, and vice versa for SELL order. BEST means that a BUY order will be executed by placing best bid in market, and vice-versa for SELL order.

In both modes, the order is automatically modified until it gets filled or Range value is reached. Example: a BUY order sent initially at Rs. 515.25 with Range=1.5 will modify automatically up to Rs. 515.75 until it gets filled. At Rs. 515.75, the order will remain pending waiting for the market to correct.

Now the special part: The order gets automatically cancelled if it does not gets filled within the time taken for one Candlestick completion. So if a trader is using 15min chart, the order automatically gets cancelled after 15-minutes from signal generation. This is in-line with the technical practice that the prices should be chased until a pre-defined limit; and the trade should be dismissed if market does not provides the sought price. The order is cancelled when the signal turns stale- the most common parameter being one candle completion.

You see, here we are leveraging Technical Analysis for better trading!

Happy Trading!
AlgoTrading@Mastertrust
Click for Inquiry