A new Life, A new Career, A new Dream - I am a Trader

Gandhar.

Hello Everyone,

Coming back to TJ after a short break, Used the time in learning about psychological aspect of trading, money management, building my trading system from scratch that suits my style of trading and psychology, back-testing and gaining confidence on the system.

After much experiments with different trading strategies, I found out, to me intraday trading is way too fast, where as swing trading seemed way too slow. Therefore wanted to build my own set of rules for short term trading, where I will hold the trade from few minutes to few days. From back test result this set up has shown a 55-60% winning probabilities where as failing for 40-45%, with a average R:R as 1:3.5. Going to start trading live the system from FEB series.

I got buy signal today at 6040, and took long position in FEB series NIFTY FUT. Kept the position open for tomorrow.

Regards
Taiki
excellent bro welcome back :clapping::thumb:

Hello Everyone,

Coming back to TJ after a short break, Used the time in learning about psychological aspect of trading, money management, building my trading system from scratch that suits my style of trading and psychology, back-testing and gaining confidence on the system.

After much experiments with different trading strategies, I found out, to me intraday trading is way too fast, where as swing trading seemed way too slow. Therefore wanted to build my own set of rules for short term trading, where I will hold the trade from few minutes to few days. From back test result this set up has shown a 55-60% winning probabilities where as failing for 40-45%, with a average R:R as 1:3.5. Going to start trading live the system from FEB series.

I got buy signal today at 6040, and took long position in FEB series NIFTY FUT. Kept the position open for tomorrow.

Regards
Taiki
Very interesting approach. Was following silently your thread in the past and have one question: As you had to stop intra day trading because of the pressure your family made to you, how comes that you now again will enter trades on intra day time frames and why not on daily or even bigger time frames. There are enough ways and strategies around which do allow that very easily with the right money management and the right strategies?

Taiki

Very interesting approach. Was following silently your thread in the past and have one question: As you had to stop intra day trading because of the pressure your family made to you, how comes that you now again will enter trades on intra day time frames and why not on daily or even bigger time frames. There are enough ways and strategies around which do allow that very easily with the right money management and the right strategies?
Hi Somatung bro,

Yes I had to stop intraday trading as I had to look for a job, For November, December I stayed busy in preparing for few company exams as I had to apply for them in Jan. In the mean time I started trying few higher time frame strategies like hourly frame, daily frame etc to trade swing. As my preparation for company became lighter I had done few real trades taken on daily chart as well in the end of December and beginning of Jan 2014. And during this time only I realized about the type of system that I am looking for.

As intraday looked too fast and swing seemed too slow to me, I build a system from scratch that suits my style. Now I have applied for few companies for job, and waiting for their reply. If I am getting back to job, then of course there will be no other choice except following daily chart and trading EOD. But now for the time being, I have time to trade this short term strategy.

Agreed with you, that there are numbers of system out there that allows right MM and right strategies, But after learning about trading psychology I came to know that its about picking a system that gives you an edge, and making that edge your weapon with proper discipline, MM, RR will make you survive in the world of trading.

Soi lets see, I will keep trading my strategies as long as I will get time (not being committed to a full time job), to improvise my system and my execution skill.

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

I got buy signal today at 6082, and took long position in FEB series NIFTY FUT. Kept the position open for tomorrow.
Stop loss was trailed and placed below 6097 (today's low). Now TSL hit, out of long position. Net gain = +13 points.

Now no position.

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

NIFTY FUT continued to be range bound in 6125 - 6095. No clear setup is there to trade so far. Short term bias is neutral and range bound, where as medium term bias is slowly turning bullish.

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

NF 6 k mark is in Danger.........FEB series.......bloodbath.......ho sakta hai.......I closed my long.......in BNF........sold BNF today.....:thumb:
Yep Raj bro,

To me, medium term trend remains down. As per my system when the trend remains down with the bias becoming positive gives shorting opportunity at higher level. But I have not taken any short because of not availability of reliable trade setup. Will take short if signal comes on Monday

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

The market can not take anything from you that you do not allow, The market can not give you some thing unless you allow it too

If you are willing to admit that the battleground is not the market, but it is within you, then all your attempts will be directed to control you and your trade, not the market.

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

NIFTY FUT continued to be range bound in 6125 - 6095. No clear setup is there to trade so far. Short term bias is neutral and range bound, where as medium term bias is slowly turning bullish.

Regards
Taiki
Medium term bias is still positive, with trend being range bound in 6075 - 6130. Short term trend is in correction mode with bearish bias. Lesser activity in the opening hour may keep the day choppy and range bound. Lets see how the market is unfolding !!!

Regards
Taiki

augubhai

The market can not take anything from you that you do not allow, The market can not give you some thing unless you allow it too

If you are willing to admit that the battleground is not the market, but it is within you, then all your attempts will be directed to control you and your trade, not the market.

Regards
Taiki
:clapping: Guru quote. Thanx.