A Neat & Clean Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhinakar113

Hi Soumya,

Can we download the data for NSE Cash, Indices and Futures separately? I have AmiBroker installed. Can I directly import the data and use? Pl guide me, as I don't want BSE data.

Regards,
dhinakar

I have installed amibroker. There are different stock exchanges. How can I liknk nse bse with that software. please help me giving me an idea.

soumya_b

Hi Soumya

I have started using metastock only recently and I found your data to be valuable. BUt how do I update this DB. Is there a site that can directly update this data?
direct update is not possible... u have to update it manually.
there r few free eod downloder available... i think these two r most useful.

1. Nsedatadownloder

2. getbhavcopy

:cheers:

Thanks soumya, but even if I update through NSEdatadownloader, How can I update your files?
I mean that has NSE and BSE data folders and downloader gives you data by scrips.
Will appreciate if you can help.

Can any 1 please tell how to import this downloaded database in amibroker? I have unrar'ed the downloaded file & now have a folder named EOD with sub folders like those in normal amibroker databases....Now how do i go about adding them to amibroker? Please list the steps....Thanks in advance!!

Mr.ppmatkari,

First copy the entire EOD Folder to amibroker.

(Earlier i asked some questions to mr. soumya. he replied in this way. which is given below.)

Quote:
01. which is the way to amibroker has to recognise the EOD data. Is it import wizard?
Open Amibroker->File->Open Detabase->Select My Database->oK.
To Save This Database As Default Database Do The Following:
Tools->Preferences->Data->Current->OK.

Quote:
02. Desitrader mall is giving bse,nse,futures data seperately. How to create single "import ascii" file for that entire EOD data, which is in single folder?
To Update EoD Data Im Sharing My Format File.
Pls Copy The Following Line To import.TYPES File (You Will find It Into The Format folder).
Code:

EoD Update (*.*)|*.*|EoD Update.format

File->Import ASCII->In File of types Select 'EoD Update'->Select Your Data Files All Together From Its Folder And Import It.

Hope It Will Help U.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Soumya i tried using this but its showing scrip codes rather than scrip name?

To Show Full Name In Ticker Box And Symbol Tree Do The Following:
Tools->Preference->Miscellaneous->Tick On 'Add full name to ticker in ticker box' And 'Add full name to ticker in tree'.

Status
Not open for further replies.