5Paisa.com or Sharekhan or IndiaBulls

Kurian,
Have you given any volumes comittment for the brokerage rate of 0.02? intraday and f&o?

How much are ur daily volumes?

Normally IB gives this brokerage only for high volume that too when its COMITTED.

Please throw somelight

Hi,
I am using share khan demat account.The experience with sharekhan is good.I personally feel there is competition only between sharekhan and ICICIDIRECT.I will list the difference between the two brokerage houses.

sharekhan:
1)Live streaming quotes (this is not available in ICICI DIRECT as to my knowledge)
2)Low brokerage charges,min brokerage charge is 20rs,intraday 0.1 and 0.5 for delivery.
3)can apply for IPO online.
4)Cannot able to purchase mutual funds from sharekhan site.
5)Streaming quotes requires JVM (This is a very big headache)
6)No BTST(buy today sell tommorow ,in sharekhan you cant sell a share today which you bought yesterday)
7)You have to open a bank account with the banks mentioned in share khan site.
8)Can trade in both BSE and NSE
9)Commodities trading is available
10)Customer support is good
11)No monthly charges
12)Annual monthly charges is 330rs

ICICI direct
1)Brokerage charges are high - intraday .3 and .75 delivery(only a slght difference compared to share khan)
2)No live streaming quotes
3)BTST is available,this facility is available only in icicidirect.(This is useful one)
4)Can apply for ipo online
5)Can apply for mutual fund online and can sell mutual funds online(This is facility is really useful,where it lags in sharekhan)
6)While opening demat account,three accounts are opened ,the saving bank account,trading account and demat account and you have to maintain minimum of rs5000 in case if it is not a salaried account-----our 5000rs sleeps without earning any money)
7)Other banks account cannot be linked with the icici trading account(in share khan more than one bank can be linked with the trading account)
8)Can trade in BSE AND NSE
9)Commodity trading is available
10)No monthly charges
11)Annual maintenace charges is 540rs

Conclusion:
1)The things i like in ICICI DIRECT is,to apply and sell mutual funds units online without the interruption of agents
2)BTST(buy today and sell tommorow)
3)Indians 2nd biggest bank
4)After hours trading(can place a buy or sell order after the market is closed,so that it will be executed in the next day)

The sharekhan lags the above mentioned points,If the sharekhan is able to provide these facilities in future,you can opt for sharekhan

But personally i feel,ICICI DIRECT is best ,since you get all the facilities under one umbrella even though their brokerage is little higher than sharekhan!!!!

cheers,
vj

Hello to All.

I will share my views about the ONLINE accounts.Before going for any comparison, we should be very clear about our own needs .

=> I will recommend to have 2 accounts. First, the conventional account with a reputed broker , and second as an ONLINE account. You must have both simultaneously .
=>ISOLATE your bank account . For an ONLINE account you have options to link your Bank account to the Demat/trading account. If your bank is ONLINE(Say ICICI, HDFC, Citibank) , then the Direct Debit can hit your bank balance . If you are using the same account for your savings, your hard earned money can end up in complications. My friends also ended up in ECS/chques dishonoured , even use of Debit card can give you problems. Keep your bank account seperate. Intelligent traders still use Cooperative Banks for trading.
=>Manual notepad. Every deal ONLINE will give you Online referance number. Note it down in your diary immediately- Date, Time, Ref. No. as well as the amount. It is helpful if you want to reconcile your stock or your bankbalance.
=>Beware of scams. Dont pay any "expert" who will advise you or give online calls. Even a subscription to Business Line/ Economic Times will keep you updated on day to day financial events.

Infoline Or reliance Money

Hello Guys m new to trading please suggest which shld i go infoline or reliance money.One More thing i want to ask is that with whom should i open demat account with bank which i hav account (HDFC) or with reliance money or infoline.I was planning to open Demat @ HDFC and tradin @ reliance or infoline.I will be trading regular.after reading news abt karvy i got tensed so please advice.thanks in advance

Re: Infoline Or reliance Money

Dear Sony55
Never ever with reliance money (at least not now), go & open account with Sharekhan or Indiabulls , India info or Religare . Do burgain for the brokerage.
Regards

biyasc

Re: Infoline Or reliance Money

can anyone tell me about geojit?????

hahaha... i had the same problem.. icici sucks, but once u get used to it, learnign 5paisa is really hard.. but i managed to do it in 2-3 days and after numeorous emails to my rep.. but i like it 10x icici as the execution speed is awesome, and u can trade intraday with much more convenience..
Hi Avinava,
I am a new novish in stock trading. I cannot understand brokerage system. Please will you give me a details idea about this. As, if I invest 100 shares of 300/- per share, what will be the brokerage in 100*300=30000/- at the rate .05%? Will it be the amount 30000/100*.05=15/- only. Please tell me in detail, if my calculation is wrong.
Provas Paul.