3 in 1 Account with Standard Chartered

Hello Friends,

I am a newbie in this forum. I have some query about Standard Chartered Demat account. Please help me.

I got my salary account with StanChat for last 4 years. Few days back they called me and told that they are offering free demat & trading account and it will be linked with my salary account.

I am very much interested in share trading but I don't have much idea about the trading. How it works.

Now my queries are as follows:-

1) Will it be a good decision to go with StanChat?
2) The charges structure they are taking for brokerage/transaction/demat/remat etc. are ok or higher?
3) The service of the Bank as DP?
Please suggest

Regards

Souvik

bunny

As a general rule, do not trade through an 'bank' broker. Always have an account with an entity who primary business is broking and not taking deposits.

Bunny,

It is not correct that one should trade only with non bank brokers. Standard chartered and all other banks do broking through a seperate company. They have bigger and better infrastructure as compared to small brokers.

Prabhat

bunny

Bunny,

It is not correct that one should trade only with non bank brokers. Standard chartered and all other banks do broking through a seperate company. They have bigger and better infrastructure as compared to small brokers.

Prabhat
I am speaking of bank-based brokers like SBI, ICICI direct, etc. and comparing them with large brokers like Indiabulls, Sharekhan, Religare, etc. I am not talking about those sub-brokers like 'Maalpani Share and stock broking' who operate in a rented gala.

I am speaking of bank-based brokers like SBI, ICICI direct, etc. and comparing them with large brokers like Indiabulls, Sharekhan, Religare, etc. I am not talking about those sub-brokers like 'Maalpani Share and stock broking' who operate in a rented gala.
Bunny, its not true that Bank Brokerage Houses asks for advance deposits. They just link your account to your demat account and you have full control over your account and your decisions. :)

savkar

If you plan long time investment then do continue as brokerage should not matter. If you plan daily trading or frequent buysell then yeah look for lower brokerage firms

Hello Friends,

I am a newbie in this forum. I have some query about Standard Chartered Demat account. Please help me.

I got my salary account with StanChat for last 4 years. Few days back they called me and told that they are offering free demat & trading account and it will be linked with my salary account.

I am very much interested in share trading but I don't have much idea about the trading. How it works.

2) The charges structure they are taking for brokerage/transaction/demat/remat etc. are ok or higher?
Please suggest

Regards

Souvik

aryan.

Bunny, its not true that Bank Brokerage Houses asks for advance deposits. They just link your account to your demat account and you have full control over your account and your decisions. :)
Have you ever read the terms and conditions of bank based brokers. You know they can lock your bank account if there is any problem with your broking account.

So technically speaking you dont have full control over your own bank account.

alroyraj

Hello Friends,

Please suggest

Regards

Souvik
In the beginning it is all about convenience. Same reason why people usually choose ICICIDirect its because they want some security of a big brand.Basically all brokers offer the same charges initially so real difference.
Assuming you get a trading terminal its a definite advantage.
Banks are dependable but understand that an MNC benefits usually comes with MNC charges! :rofl: