2012 New Year Resolutions

2012 New Year Resolutions - Which one of these is hard to do?

• I will not be afraid to enter into a trade.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I will not be afraid to exit from a trade.

• I will keep my losses small, for if the losses are let run it will turn into a big black hole.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I will keep my profits big, but be graceful to accept small profits if the markets say so.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I will get rid of a losers mindset, and work hard to trash it.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I will acquire a winners mindset, and work hard to retain it.

• I will keep it simple but effective.

• I will dream big, aim high and work hard to do the impossible.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I will be willing to learn from others and be willing to help others.

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

intellibitz

I will not be afraid to enter into a trade.

How many of us are afraid to enter into a trade? And why? Lets discuss about the first resolution now. Thanks.

I will not be afraid to exit from a trade.
I will keep my losses small, for if the losses are let run it will turn into a big black hole.
I will keep my profits big, but be graceful to accept small profits if the markets say so.
I will get rid of a losers mindset, and work hard to trash it.
I will acquire a winners mindset, and work hard to retain it.
I will keep it simple but effective.
I will dream big, aim high and work hard to do the impossible.
I will be willing to learn from others and be willing to help others.

So what about yours? Please feel free to post here.

intellibitz

I will not be afraid to exit from a trade.
I will keep my losses small, for if the losses are let run it will turn into a big black hole.
I will keep my profits big, but be graceful to accept small profits if the markets say so.
I will get rid of a losers mindset, and work hard to trash it.
I will acquire a winners mindset, and work hard to retain it.
I will keep it simple but effective.
I will dream big, aim high and work hard to do the impossible.
I will be willing to learn from others and be willing to help others.

So what about yours? Please feel free to post here.
2013 is near, and looking forward to exciting 2013 resolutions from fellow TJ's.

tnsn2345

Can strongly suggest one resolution to many friends here -

"Keep off from TJ everyday. Visit it over the weekends."

I am so sure that most of us can be better traders if we do self analysis. And self analysis can happen only if we read our mind and not others.

For almost most of us it was some query or some question which brought us to TJ. We got answer to the problem (or maybe not) but then we all remained here. For what ??? Because there was something interesting happening here everyday. Aur hum bhi auro ke saath tamasha dekhne kade hogaye, aur yahi par bas gaye... Do those interesting things immensely help us in our trading? I don't know if all would say yes.

Another thought - "Rolling stones gathers no moss". And yes, we have heard about 'noise' in the market. Well, here too is no different.

Regards,

p.s. With due respect and credit to TJ, which has helped many, including me to learn many new things here.
Dear Friends,

Visiting this place after a long time. I was wondering where to post and then felt this thread may be the most suited place.

Regards,

oilman5

Its ur den, we shall come to meet super star- who derisk first, take position and leverage to extra ordinary profit.
Regards

Dear Friends,

Visiting this place after a long time. I was wondering where to post and then felt this thread may be the most suited place.

Regards,
Welcome back...nice to see you after a long time.

Smart_trade

Dear Friends,

Regards,
Hello and how are you? :) DPU

Dear Dan,

I am good and I hope the same for you.

Its unfortunate not to see your old id again, but I must say your new id makes you sound younger. :)

Regards,
Well, I am as always being able to keep my mind young. But my hair starts to turn gray and outside we again at this moment have heavy snow falling. Take care :)

tnsn2345

Dear Friends,

Everybody is busy predicting the election results and how the market will react. While most of us here are technical / chart / PA etc type of traders, this event brings in the fundamental element which is not what most of us are capable of analysing.

Short and sweet but difficult to many, STAY OUT of the market for the next fortnight. There would be markets after fortnight too after all the euphoria built around the election would subside and that might be a GREAT time to make some good killing. But not NOW. Stat away at the moment. Don't FANTASIZE that the you will hit a jackpot by being right and market making humongous move in your direction. Think the other way, the same move in the OPPOSITE side of your decision. And with the kind of levered products, Futures, Options ...it will really be WMDs...literally.

Pro options directional traders may consider completely quantity wise hedged positions with substantially reduced position size (say 1/3 or 1/4 or even lesser) e.g. credit/debit spreads maybe the best if betting on direction (LIMITED LOSS strategies only with a view of NO ADJUSTMENTS till expiry, in case you are wrong), basically you should exactly know how much you will lose at expiry (remember at EXPIRY). Adequate margin money to fund MTM losses of the losing leg, hence the position size should substantially be small.

Pro options vola traders may consider short calender spreads or calender straddles again with substantially reduced position size.

Novice or largely naked option traders it is time to go naked, not in the market but in a swimming pool for a fortnight. Chill the summer in the pool.

In short enjoy the summer vacations with family, go out, be out of the market and come back after a fortnight, fresh, relaxed and WITH funds in your trading account.

Regards,

p.s. : From 1 of June let it be business as usual.