Status
Not open for further replies.
People(I am referring to just the few who have been using demeaning words)

You go to a restaurant, look at the menu(with the price on it) and order food...You liked the food, the ambience and the service and found that the restaurant was really good... You look at the menu(with the price) and order the dessert.. You can't come out of the restaurant and say that the dessert was a little expensive and hence the restaurant is conning us.. You saw the price before ordering and it your prerogative if you want to order it or not...

What I am trying to get to is, it is free-will.. We share every cost with our client before someone opens an account with us... If you decide to go or not is your choice... You can't use those words just to demean... I have been seeing new ID's being created just to post stuff about us on various threads...The thing what these guys need to understand is there is nothing called bad publicity...

People, we are running the business and you need to understand that we know the internals of it better than everyone else... Everyone can be a Broker/Trader when the sea is calm... As a person who has traded the markets for 15 years, let me tell you that the biggest losses happen on 0.1% of your trading days... Similarly for brokers, in greed of generating revenues take unnecessary risks..

I was trying to call a lot of popular brokers to find out what their other charges are... Other than a few who are trying to imitate our business model, no one was able to give me an answer at all... I was told that I would be called back, which I am still waiting for... We have been open about every charge of ours and if the idea was to mislead, we would never put up things like our brokerage calculator or our charge list...

What happend in 2008 was a jaundice to the financial markets..When anyone recovers too fast from a jaundice, he risks a relapse which usually will be much worse.. We at Zerodha believe that this is the case with our financial markets.. We don't know when, but it is due sometime... And we are preparing for it with the arrangements we have with our vendors, be it technology, clearing or support to ensure smooth sailing when the tides are bad....People who have traded in 2008 with mid(anda few big)sized brokers will remember the issues that they had to go through.....The Rs 100 to Rs 150 per crore!!!!! more that you are paying with us if is not bearable, you should shift brokers... We are not opening an office in Mumbai, just to ensure that all of you get the stamp duty benefit from Karnataka... If a guy does 5 cr of future turnover, he pays only Rs 50 with us, whereas he would pay Rs 1000 as stamp duty with others...

It is our constant endeavor to keep reducing charges, be it with the 60 day challenges or other similar activity that we will keep having.. We have atleast 300 to 400 of our clients who would receive all the brokerage back as of today based on the 60 day challenge..The challenge has brought about drastic changes in trading patterns of a lot of clients.... They would have traded basically at as good as Zero... Turnover charges also will come down, but we need your support to get some active future traders on board...

We are trying to bring in a lot of innovative features on the technology aspect. We are trying to concentrate on giving you tools which will help you be profitable...

Happy Trading guys, Looks like the result season is going to be volatile...

Guys did you know, that if you have written deep out of the money options on the expiry with intraday leverage, we don't square off the position at 3pm!! We let you run it till 3.30pm with the same intraday leverage!!!.. You pay brokerage only on one side.... So for eg, if nifty is at 5200 and 5500 calls are at Rs 2 the morning of expiry and you think nifty won't move 300 points during the day, you can write the option at intraday margin of Rs 5000.. 99.9%, you would end up pocketing the Rs 2 premium( Rs 100)... Rs 100 for Rs 5000 investment(2%) for a day, hmmm not bad is it?? with such a less risk!!! ;) ...
You go to a restaurant, look at the menu(with the price on it) and order food...You liked the food, the ambience and the service and found that the restaurant was really good... You look at the menu(with the price) and order the dessert.. You can't come out of the restaurant and say that the dessert was a little expensive and hence the restaurant is conning us.. You saw the price before ordering and it your prerogative if you want to order it or not...
Very well said, but no restaurant in the earth charges for the food, the ambience and the service in the name of STATUTORY CHARGES.

VERY WELL SAID, But no restaurant in the earth charges for food, the ambience and the service in the name of STATUTORY CHARGES.

I second on that.

I told Zerodha, I am ready to pay Rs. 5 -10 extra per order for having following things.
1. Trailing stop loss
2. Bracket orders
3. connection with MS or Amibroker
4. Options suite

I lost lot of money just because of not having Trailing stop loss feature. Rs. 5 or 10 extra per order does not matter, what hits is you lost Rs. 2200, 5K or more just because you did not update your trailing stop loss in time.
What you say!!!
There is no trailing stop loss feature in NOW.
Then how you people manage your stop loss. What you people do to manage it (increasing/decreasing stop loss in a trade)
Thanks

Zerodha

HI sachin
sorry was out of country saw you reply thanks for it that but could not
calrify

would there be any charge in transfering shares to your benificiary account from ILFS and back to get margins because the whole point of opening an account with you is to save the 40 50 K delievery brokerage i pay every month

I understand every thing about margins and also E kool account just let me know about the charges

Have E-mailed you several times before will do it again also i think there are many people replying to e-mails as in any company so u might not recall :clap:

ONE MORE THING I WANT TO ASK IS THAT YOU DONT WANT TO PROVIDE MARGINS LIKE ANY REGULAR BROKERR BECAUSE

1) THERE ARE ISSUE WITH NOT HAVING A DP AND WORK WITH ILFS

OR

2) YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE ANY HASSELE WHEN :lol: MOST OF THE CLIENTS DONT REQUIRE IT

We want to give you margin, why would I want to loose a client who is intending to trade with big volumes.. One of the main reasons for the delay was because of NOW. On NOW, when you give collateral doesn't get automatically updated and the risk management tool for such a position is really bad..

I remember you telling that , you trade with edelweiss and you are happy with NEST running on collo... Our NEST setup is very similar and almost on the verge of going live... Once live, we definitely will give you this option... WE have found a much easier way out, no more need of ekool or you having to transfer shares physically... It would be as easy as you going to our backoffice and requesting to pledge and margins will be released immediately...

A few more days and we will be set..

Zerodha

What you say!!!
There is no trailing stop loss feature in NOW.
Then how you people manage your stop loss. What you people do to manage it (increasing/decreasing stop loss in a trade)
Thanks
Presently not possible on NOW!!

Trailing stop loss and bracket orders, both are considered as algo's by NSE. We will still provide you a solution where you will be able to use it..

We want to give you margin, why would I want to loose a client who is intending to trade with big volumes.. One of the main reasons for the delay was because of NOW. On NOW, when you give collateral doesn't get automatically updated and the risk management tool for such a position is really bad..

I remember you telling that , you trade with edelweiss and you are happy with NEST running on collo... Our NEST setup is very similar and almost on the verge of going live... Once live, we definitely will give you this option... WE have found a much easier way out, no more need of ekool or you having to transfer shares physically... It would be as easy as you going to our backoffice and requesting to pledge and margins will be released immediately...

A few more days and we will be set..
sir i trade with religare not edelweiss and use there odin program trading and not odin which every one might be knowing here told you too many people , too many e-mails to many replies on thread so its natural to forget anyways very happy to finally know that you are going to provide margins to write options and sell futures against DP holdings

By when do you think you can provide this facility

Will you charge anything for nest i dont mind paying few thousand rupees a month for a top class platform

NEST will come with algo enabled options i guess if it one co-location

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.