Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,
I am interested in trading miniNifty futures Lot.
I was going through the brokerage calculator on the zerodha site.
Are the breakeven points for intraday or delivery??

Stamp duty is not included in calculation of break even points,
but in brokerage rate list it shows 0.01% to the max of 50/- on both legs.
Will it be charged separately?

In that case, it should be included in breakeven point calculation. Please
clear my doubts

Thanx
We cannot show it on the brokerage calculator because the stamp duty is not per trade, it is per contract note...

For futures, brokerage and other charges don't change if you do intraday or overnight, it remains the same at Zerodha...

So What you see on the calculator is for both intrday futures and overnight...

@Zerodha: Will the margin requirement change if the strike price is In the Money or At the Money? In the below scenario the strike is way far Out of Money and hence less risky as compared to At the Money or In the Money strikes. Tentatively what will be the margin for Nifty Put sold at 5200 and 5300 strike rates.

Thanks for your response.

When you short options, your risk is unlimited, whatever the strike of the option... When the risk is unlimited, exchange always blocks a margin to ensure you don't default...

For overnight positions, the margin would be around 14000 per lot to write this particular option... For intraday it will be 40% of this.. So around 1.4lks for overnight and 60k for intraday

We cannot show it on the brokerage calculator because the stamp duty is not per trade, it is per contract note...

For futures, brokerage and other charges don't change if you do intraday or overnight, it remains the same at Zerodha...

So What you see on the calculator is for both intrday futures and overnight...
Thanks for the quick reply
Still there is confusion. What do you mean when you say per contract...
Is it applicable on total turnover or only on buy turnover?
If there are two lots of Nifty futures, Is it applicable on each lot separately??In that case there will be no advantage of upper limit 50/-.

Please clarity it by example :-
Consider the example of NIFTY FUTURES Lot in brokerage calculator on your website

Buy 5000 Sell 5010 Quantiy 50
Turnover 500500
Brokerage 40
Stt Total 42.59
Total Tran Charge 27.03
Service Tax 6.70
Education Cess 0.13
Higher Edu Cess 0.07
Total Tax and charges 116.52
Points to Breakeven 2.33
Net Profit 383.48

considering stamp duty ------------------------------------------
Total tax and charges = 116.52 + 0.01% of 250250 =~ 141.52
Points to Breakeven 2.83

Is it correct??

columbus

@Zerodha

Hellow Sir, Firstly congrats for running a complicated business like brokerage in a simple way !! :thumb:

I am based out of hyderabad, can u give me the details of ur marketing partners over here (if any) who can help me out in opening an account with u.

Pls PM me the details :)

Thank you,
Sameer.

Status
Not open for further replies.