Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

Hi,
Good to know that you are trying to implement this less investment hedged position strategies in option.
Please consider Credit Spread also. That is, suppose for todays price (nifty@6000) if i,
short 5900 CALL @ 180,(@80+premium)
long 6000 CALL @ 110, (@110+premium)
then i got credit of 70 POINTS immediatly which i can take home if market goes down @ expiry and maximum i can loose is 30 POINTS(when market goes up @ expiry)... so with just 1500Rs(30pts) i should be able to enter this trade.
This means im risking juz 1500 bucks on whatever direction market moves for sure.
IMO, this should be easy to implement when the orders are executed @ same time for both the legs which techincally needs little modification during ENTRY/EXIT (may be 1 additional field).

Thanks,
...Summasumma
The challenge is to have the strategy recognized by the terminal... Simultaneous orders presently are recognized only by spread order window, which recognizes calendar spreads only... We are trying different ways, I am sure it can't be as less as Rs 1500 :) ... The risk management rules won't let that happen, ... But even if it is around 5000 to 6000, you get a huge boost to trading...

Zerodha

Hi,

Just got GPRS activated. Can someone help me how to download NSE mobile application. When i try to register my number it is saying that the number has been already registered. I am getting this because, i have registered few days back before i have GPRS activated.

Zerodha/Any Traderji Member, please help how to get this NSE mobile application into my mobile.

Once i get it installed in my mobile, can i use to watch the Nifty futures or should i have a trading account with some broker even for having a watchlist.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Chanti
The NOW application is for clients who are using NOW for placing trades. You can login using your NOW user ID and password and trade on your mobile...
So, yes .. you would need to have a trading account with us or any other broker providing NOW..

Cheers..

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,

Though this has been discussed earlier, I have a question on clearing charges.
I had placed an order as below with my current broker.

order: Sell 4 lots NIFTY 5700 at Rs. 175
Total premium: 35000

The transaction charge and clearing charge applied are:
Transaction charge: 17.50
Clearing Charges : 35.25

I can understand the transaction charge as 0.05% x 35000 = 17.50
But I don't see they charged 0.03% on 35k as clearing charge.
When I asked, they said clearing charge is 0.003% and is applied on strike+premium.

so for my case it is 0.003%[(5700+175)x200] = 35.25

I am confused now. what is the exact equation for clearing charge?
Can you confirm, for Zerodha, whether it is applied on total premium only or (strike+premium)xqty?
which is true from below for Zerodha for clearing charge?
- 0.03% of premium
- 0.003% of (strike+premium)xqty
Hi,
With Zerodha
NSE transaction charge for options is : Rs 5000/crore of premium( 0.05%)..(which is fixed)..
Clearing charge, which is charged as part of transaction charge is : Rs 3000/crore(0.03%)..
Now the cost of clearing for a broker keeps reducing as the total turnover done by clients keep going up...

For now, with us, total transaction charge would be Rs 8000/crore of premium turnover..
So, if you buy a nifty option at 100 rs and sell.. Your turnover is Rs 10000.. hence your transaction charge would be Rs 8.

In the scenario mentioned above, transaction charge(including clearing charge) together would be around Rs 25

Hope this clarifies to you and everyone else...One of the most misunderstood bits in option trading by a lot of clients... Cheers...

VJAY

Dear Zerodha,
you PM not activated....:(

sumosanammain

Last edited:

Webcheetah

Well, I am a very beginner in trading and would like try out hands in trading stocks and etf.

Kindly help me understanding
1) Is 20/transaction is the only fee i need to pay apart from 600 Rs annual fee for stocks.
2) For ETF, as per my understanding i need to pay 20/transaction + fee of the forex (some 0.55% + Taxes)
3) How much i can trade for if I submit an intial amount of 50K in my trading account.

Pardon me for my noobish question, kindly enlighten.

Cheers

anayash

How do you activate PM??
In the toolbar at the top of this page, go to User CP.

In User CP, in the left column, click on "Edit Options" under the "Settings & Options" tab.

On that page, make sure "Enable Private Messages" is ticked!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.