Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are the same smart looking boy ;) that I am thinking about.... You should drop by to the office....Had told bharat & hanan to get in touch with you for something new that we are trying to do....
Nope, am not the "smart looking" boy you speak of ;) but had things fallen in place, "we" would have had a headstart of about 3 months over you guys ;)

hc9001

Hi zerodha/friends here,
pls tell me what type of orders required in NSE NOW
for following cases:-

EXAMPLE1.
want to buy above resistance:- HIGHER BUY price than current price.
say nifty at 5590, resistance near 5600-08 want to buy above 5610

(max 5020 in case of slippage ie want to buy ONLY 5610-20 range)
normal buy order @5610(limit 5620?) will execute at 5590 as the

buying price is low.
what type SL ORDER NEEDED WITH TRIGGER PRICE FOR BUY?

EX2
after buy say, nifty at 5630 now
want STOPLOSS SELL order below say 5605. for max slippage

10pt @5595, what will be trigger price and the order. ie want to

sell 5605-5595 zone if 5605 touched and nifty goes below it.

Thanks in advance.

Zerodha

Hi zerodha/friends here,
pls tell me what type of orders required in NSE NOW
for following cases:-

EXAMPLE1.
want to buy above resistance:- HIGHER BUY price than current price.
say nifty at 5590, resistance near 5600-08 want to buy above 5610

(max 5020 in case of slippage ie want to buy ONLY 5610-20 range)
normal buy order @5610(limit 5620?) will execute at 5590 as the

buying price is low.
what type SL ORDER NEEDED WITH TRIGGER PRICE FOR BUY?

EX2
after buy say, nifty at 5630 now
want STOPLOSS SELL order below say 5605. for max slippage

10pt @5595, what will be trigger price and the order. ie want to

sell 5605-5595 zone if 5605 touched and nifty goes below it.

Thanks in advance.
Example 1:

You need to buy at 5610 hence has to be a SL buy order... Click the buy order on nifty futures, choose SL-M, mention trigger price as 5610 and submit... Your order will get executed only at 5610 on nifty futures....

Example 2:

SL- sell order, You need to sell if your price comes, hence it has to be a stop loss sell order... Choose sell and SL-m in the drop down box, mention trigger as 5605, if the market falls to 5605, the trigger is hit and selling order hits the system at 5605...

Cheers...

gunavadhi

Example 1:

Example 2:

SL- sell order, You need to sell if your price comes, hence it has to be a stop loss sell order... Choose sell and SL-m in the drop down box, mention trigger as 5605, if the market falls to 5605, the trigger is hit and selling order hits the system at 5605...

Cheers...
when doing this a box opens and says---PRICE ALERT; price alert triggered with entered price 0.00 and LTP 5630.Continue with these values? YES or NO? What we have to select?

Last edited:
hi sachin
can you pls let me know what are the charges for DP like ILFS will charge 15 rs for every transaction or will they charge for every script

1)IE suppose i buy 1000 shares of reliance and 1000 share of ongc and 1000 shares of sbi in a day . If a buy 200 in one go of each and sell 200 then how will i ILFS charge

Will they charge 15 each script debit or credit or will they charge 15 rs for every trade that i buy or sell kindly explain

2) suppose i open with 20 lacs Rs would you be able to provide me a limit of 22 lacs for a few days and not put gun to my head like other brokers to deposit the money before 11 am next day ( can you be 5 % flexible on limits my current broker religare lets me buy 6 times the amount i have with them for delievery and also lets me short call options and futures of nifty against them )

I dont know but can you manage limits for selective clients and not like you have 30 K account so buy shares for 30 K also i dont know how now risk management works its in your hands or its totally handled by NSE
KINDLY CLARIFY

REGARDS
MAYANK

Zerodha

hi sachin
can you pls let me know what are the charges for DP like ILFS will charge 15 rs for every transaction or will they charge for every script

1)IE suppose i buy 1000 shares of reliance and 1000 share of ongc and 1000 shares of sbi in a day . If a buy 200 in one go of each and sell 200 then how will i ILFS charge

Will they charge 15 each script debit or credit or will they charge 15 rs for every trade that i buy or sell kindly explain

2) suppose i open with 20 lacs Rs would you be able to provide me a limit of 22 lacs for a few days and not put gun to my head like other brokers to deposit the money before 11 am next day ( can you be 5 % flexible on limits my current broker religare lets me buy 6 times the amount i have with them for delievery and also lets me short call options and futures of nifty against them )

I dont know but can you manage limits for selective clients and not like you have 30 K account so buy shares for 30 K also i dont know how now risk management works its in your hands or its totally handled by NSE
KINDLY CLARIFY

REGARDS
MAYANK
Hi Mayank,

1. DP charges are basically outgoing charges when you sell shares from your demat account... There is no DP charges for buying...

It doesn't matter in how many trades you buy your 1000 shares of RIL, SBI and ONGC... Assume you have bought all the 3 and you sell the next day... Again there is no DP charges, because you never took the shares to your demat... Assume you bought on monday adn you are selling shares on thursday... It is just one debit per scrip per day... So what it means is, if you sell 300 shares of reliance 3 times during the day, during settlement there would be only 1 instruction for selling 900 shares for reliance, hence your dpcharge would be only Rs 15 and not Rs 15*3 ... But if you sell 300 shares on 3 separate days, then you will have dp charges of Rs 15*3= 45...
Hopefully this clarifies...

2. The way we can work at these costs is because of single risk management rule for all our clients... Presently for overnight delivery we need 100% margin... But if you want to have such facility, we can easily set up a margin funding account through ilfs for the same.... All the big traders who need leverage do it through a margin funding account rather than through brokers funding.... with a margin funding account, you can buy 2.85 times your cash holding in delivery and hold it for as many years as you want with much lesser overheads than doing through a stock broker... ILFS is a pure dp service provider and you get a lot of such value adds.... Margin funding accounts make sense only if the margin required is atleast 10lks...

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.