Status
Not open for further replies.

augubhai

Zerodha,

Could you recommend a mobile phone for trading NOW? Has anybody successfully tried out the mobile version of NOW for trading? If so, which mobile?

I installed the mobile NOW Java version on my Samsung Monte phone. The market data part of NOW works fine on Monte. I can create watchlists, etc. But when I try to log into the Trade part, it does not allow me to log in. It displays a message that the phone doesn't have features to allow the login. The phone has Samsung's Bada OS and Dolphin browser.

after market order for F&O

Today I learnt that the NOW system does not allow after market SL orders for futures. I was holding short position in Nifty Futures and wanted to protect my position by entering an after market SL order that should get released to market at open (9:15 AM). I used to trade with kotak before and they allow this. So I went to the Zerodha front office website and tried to do it. It was accepted by the system. But today morning it was not released to the market. then, i had to cancel that order and enter a fresh SL order after 9:15 AM. When I contacted Zerodha, I was told that NOW system allows such orders for cash positions but not FO positions. I have 2 issues with this:
1. I dont understand why trader is not allowed an after market order in F&O. This is highly desirable feature and must be available.
2. If in fact it is not available, the system should not accept the order. Accepting order gives a false impression that the order will be released to market next day morning. The system should reject the order with an appropriate error message.

YOU SHOULD PUSH NOW SYSTEM OWNERS TO GET THE MODIFICATION DONE IN THE SYSTEM ASAP.

Request you kind attention in this matter.

Zerodha

Zerodha,

Could you recommend a mobile phone for trading NOW? Has anybody successfully tried out the mobile version of NOW for trading? If so, which mobile?

I installed the mobile NOW Java version on my Samsung Monte phone. The market data part of NOW works fine on Monte. I can create watchlists, etc. But when I try to log into the Trade part, it does not allow me to log in. It displays a message that the phone doesn't have features to allow the login. The phone has Samsung's Bada OS and Dolphin browser.
Hi Augu,

The operating systems supported on NOW are: java, android, blackberry and recently the iphones..... any of the phones that work on this os should work fine... I use an experia x10 and works very nice on mine( android) and a lot of boys in the office use the blackberry which works very nice also...

Zerodha

Re: after market order for F&O

Today I learnt that the NOW system does not allow after market SL orders for futures. I was holding short position in Nifty Futures and wanted to protect my position by entering an after market SL order that should get released to market at open (9:15 AM). I used to trade with kotak before and they allow this. So I went to the Zerodha front office website and tried to do it. It was accepted by the system. But today morning it was not released to the market. then, i had to cancel that order and enter a fresh SL order after 9:15 AM. When I contacted Zerodha, I was told that NOW system allows such orders for cash positions but not FO positions. I have 2 issues with this:
1. I dont understand why trader is not allowed an after market order in F&O. This is highly desirable feature and must be available.
2. If in fact it is not available, the system should not accept the order. Accepting order gives a false impression that the order will be released to market next day morning. The system should reject the order with an appropriate error message.

YOU SHOULD PUSH NOW SYSTEM OWNERS TO GET THE MODIFICATION DONE IN THE SYSTEM ASAP.

Request you kind attention in this matter.
Hi mtrader,

after market orders are available from the exchange for f&O only for equity orders... a lot of brokers who claim to let you do this, if you observe carefully actually send the orders to the exchange almost 10 mins after market opening.... So actually speaking your orders never really hit the market at opening.....

But yes, it should show up a message saying not accepted when you place it, we will try to get it fixed with the NSE NOW team...

Cheers...

thanks for your quick response to my post. I have always been +vely surprised by your speed.

On your post however, i have slightly different point of view.

1. I have seen in kotak that the order is in market before 1st minute is over. i.e. the order gets placed before 9:16 AM. so may be they have a system in house that stores the orders and releases them once market opens. but as a trader i am more concerned about the result and not who does the work of "remembering" my order.

2. Even a delay of 2-3 minutes is ok because i carry the safety of knowing that the order will be in market in first few minutes. e.g. i can be out of station tomorrow or just at 9:15 power supply in my office may be down. (India is a funny place to do business). Having such a facility allows me to sleep well knowing that my risk mgmt. is full proof.

I definitely think this is a very good feature and Zerodha should try to get it implemented in NOW sooner rather than later.

If you need any clarifications, i am more than happy to explain in a call.

thanks for all your help thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.