Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the datafeed? how long will it take?
Aman, if you are looking for a cheap, reliable data source provider for Nifty Cash, you could try market data provider till Zerodha comes up with their own data feed plan.
I've subscribed MDP's most basic data feed package called RT-1 which cost me about Rs.628 for a one month plan though its advertised as Rs.500 which I didn't bother to pursue..
I was using global data feeds amibroker plugin but found it to be a little pricey at Rs.2200 per month and they only provide NSE F&O data.
Since I only follow the Index for now, MDP seems like a reasonable bet as I can track Nifty Spot,Banknifty etc with their Amibroker plugin. Support is a little shady, payment has to be made via card. Couldn't locate a reseller in India however, so took a risk but the experience has been satisfactory so far at a fourth of GDFL's cost. No disconnections, no downtime in the last 10 odd days.
They do provide 20 days backfill for the selected scrip as well. Only requirement is .Net Framework 3.5 and of course, Amibroker or Metastock.

Aman1

Aman, if you are looking for a cheap, reliable data source provider for Nifty Cash, you could try market data provider till Zerodha comes up with their own data feed plan.
I've subscribed MDP's most basic data feed package called RT-1 which cost me about Rs.628 for a one month plan though its advertised as Rs.500 which I didn't bother to pursue..
I was using global data feeds amibroker plugin but found it to be a little pricey at Rs.2200 per month and they only provide NSE F&O data.
Since I only follow the Index for now, MDP seems like a reasonable bet as I can track Nifty Spot,Banknifty etc with their Amibroker plugin. Support is a little shady, payment has to be made via card. Couldn't locate a reseller in India however, so took a risk but the experience has been satisfactory so far at a fourth of GDFL's cost. No disconnections, no downtime in the last 10 odd days.
They do provide 20 days backfill for the selected scrip as well. Only requirement is .Net Framework 3.5 and of course, Amibroker or Metastock.
Thanks. I'm using global data feed for now. yeah it is pricey.

Hi Zerodha,

I have heard that Singapore stock exchange will start trading nifty options by May or June. Since there is no STT in SGX, a large chunk of the nifty options volume on NSE might shift to SGX.... What are your thoughts on this as this might have some effect on your business as well..

I trade in 15-30 lots of nifty options at a time. I am worried that the bid-ask spread will increase if nifty options volumes reduce in NSE... and my strategy might not be as effective as it is now....do you think it is a valid concern?

comm4300

Good morning !

question wrt to now website trading :

i wish to put the following orders for NIFTY option at the beginning of the day :

BUY SL trigger nifty call/put option at Rs.80.00
SELL nifty call/put option at Rs.90.00

[this is naked options trade, not writing.]
considering that i do not wish the second order to be taken as a though iam writing NIFTY option. It is instead a profit taking order.....will nowonline let me do it?

I understand that the SELL order is OK if the BUY order is executed. BUT, is it ok if both the orders are PENDING? and I shall not have enough cash [if indeed the system understands the SELL as writing of NIFTY].....

trading from office....trying passive investment strategy....

hope u got my query....

thanks.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I have heard that Singapore stock exchange will start trading nifty options by May or June. Since there is no STT in SGX, a large chunk of the nifty options volume on NSE might shift to SGX.... What are your thoughts on this as this might have some effect on your business as well..

I trade in 15-30 lots of nifty options at a time. I am worried that the bid-ask spread will increase if nifty options volumes reduce in NSE... and my strategy might not be as effective as it is now....do you think it is a valid concern?
Hi, Even if option trading starts on SGX, will make no difference at all, the reasons are:

1. With SGX presently, the spread varies between 7 to 20 points, it is actually a big flop as a product... To save 1 point of STT on nifty futures you would not want to pay 10 points only in the spread...

2. STT component in options hardly make any big difference as the STT is on the premium and not on the contract... So don't think STT would be a reason for people to shift...

So you don't have to be concerned :) ... actually with more people starting off on Zerodha for options, be ready for the liquidity to increase.... ;)...

Zerodha

can someone tell me how to transfer money from zerodha to my axis account. its urgent...!!!
Hi Siva,

Pleas logon to the backoffice and put the withdrawal request... We process it everyday by 6.30pm and any request you put is processed on same day and funds reach you latest by next day afternoon...

Saturday and Sunday, if you want the funds , plan it on a friday so you put the request before the end of friday so you have funds in your bank account saturday....

Status
Not open for further replies.