Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sending my registration form on monday! :thumb:

Btw, is it true that that TAME charting is not real time but delayed?

Hi newbie12345,

I was told ,during INSTALLATION for the first time ,it would take a long
time.Yes, it DID.
What we are discussing ,is everyday LOGIN.
Sometimes in 2nd or 3rd attempt ,we are able to login.
Any way these are not creating problems,only asking others for help.
Hi Columbus,
It always stalls for a brief period at 35 percent and the continue button shows up. You can either press the continue button or it resumes after a couple of seconds.
Yes, it does stall again at 50 percent and sometimes at 75 percent too.
Strange are the quirks of trading terminals. I have just learnt to live with it because this is how NOW behaves, and I am saying so from past experience.
Normally, it takes me anywhere between 1 to 2 minutes to log into NOW. One minute being the least and two minutes being the longest wait. I do remember a rare day when it took a little over three minutes. One thing that has never happened so far is NOW crashing or freezing at login time, so I have never had to login twice. It is just the wait that I've had to deal with.
There should be an option where in you can disable scrip download which might spare you the long wait, but I haven't checked the downside of disabling scrip download at login. Can't log into NOW. Giving me an <os error>. Could be a maintenance issue at NSE or some such thing.

Last edited:

rajeabc

Hi Zerodha,

I am also getting the same error - "NOW initialization Failed for interactive engine: <<os error>>"...This is the first time i am seeing this error. What seems to be the problem? I searched in the archives and you have mentioned that the problem is due to -

A] System Time and Date not being correct - I have no problems with that - Mine is absolutely on the dot.

B] Internet speed being around 256kbps - Again, no issues with internet - I have a healthy 4 Mbps Line and just a speedtest on it as well to check and it is fine

Is there something wrong with the server?

PS - Are there other users who are seeing the same problem as of this very moment?
It is a internet connection problem. Even fluctuation of a sec when it is trying to connect matters.
This is from my exp , I have 48 Mbps line(never noticed internet problem before started using NOW but it is there for a sec some time this will disconnect your NOW system and will take another few sec to get connected) but still faced this problem 2 times. check on your hub. router you may see light blinking during this problem.

Hi Columbus,
It always stalls for a brief period at 35 percent and the continue button shows up. You can either press the continue button or it resumes after a couple of seconds.
Yes, it does stall again at 50 percent and sometimes at 75 percent too.
Strange are the quirks of trading terminals. I have just learnt to live with it because this is how NOW behaves, and I am saying so from past experience.
Normally, it takes me anywhere between 1 to 2 minutes to log into NOW. One minute being the least and two minutes being the longest wait. I do remember a rare day when it took a little over three minutes. One thing that has never happened so far is NOW crashing or freezing at login time, so I have never had to login twice. It is just the wait that I've had to deal with.
There should be an option where in you can disable scrip download which might spare you the long wait, but I haven't checked the downside of disabling scrip download at login. Can't log into NOW. Giving me an <os error>. Could be a maintenance issue at NSE or some such thing.

Even i am getting this os error.

i always check the 'Quick login' and click button... i think this disables scrip download if no new scrips found

It is a internet connection problem. Even fluctuation of a sec when it is trying to connect matters.
This is from my exp , I have 48 Mbps line(never noticed internet problem before started using NOW but it is there for a sec some time this will disconnect your NOW system and will take another few sec to get connected) but still faced this problem 2 times. check on your hub. router you may see light blinking during this problem.
Nope...there is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet..everything else is blazing..48 Mbps?..seriously?..where do u live man?..south korea? or do u have access to the Verizon FioS network in the US?.:D

On a more serious note though, it is definitely not the fault of my connection, as i happened to mention that all other internet related apps are just blazing...it's a problem with NOW's servers for sure.

Secondly, if it were a problem related only to me, then only i would be affected by it, however many users are complaining of this problem at this particular time. I have never faced this problem and i have been trading with Zerodha when this thread was just 3 days old!

I honestly couldnt figure out one thing about NSE now flipping from derivatives to cash margins while placing orders,a tutorial would be helpful......

Last edited:
Still cannot access NOW software.........Let us hope it gives no problem tommorrow.......Date & time correct & net speed 600kbps.......Same as yesterday......"NOW Initialization failed for interactive engine:<<os error>>:sos:

Gaurav

rajeabc

Nope...there is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet..everything else is blazing..48 Mbps?..seriously?..where do u live man?..south korea? or do u have access to the Verizon FioS network in the US?.:D

On a more serious note though, it is definitely not the fault of my connection, as i happened to mention that all other internet related apps are just blazing...it's a problem with NOW's servers for sure.

Secondly, if it were a problem related only to me, then only i would be affected by it, however many users are complaining of this problem at this particular time. I have never faced this problem and i have been trading with Zerodha when this thread was just 3 days old!
TraderSuraj ,

I am sorry about the Internet speed I quoted , it is 40 Mbps not 48 Mbps I checked this for you.

sorry to be rude but you need to learn some manners. I was just trying to help you. Even every thing was working perfectly fine for me for almost 2 months but one day all off sudden I faced this problem .I could not believe that that was my broabband issue but it was. And in India I am sure you don't have that kind of broadband facilities which you find in west. For your information let me quote some technical specifications , Indian service providers use switches and routers (these are different from electricity switches) which are out dated or were used in US and other western countries 10 years back.

Any if you want to explorer ability of your grey matter then try to find the difference between your other applications and NOW system(how they work , how they refresh and at what interval) . If you can find out and want to learn more then find whether data communication is as smooth as you think.
There are always drop of few (or delay ) packets due transmission being received .

columbus

On lighter side , my Internet connection speed shows 100Mbps,they is a
difference between SHOWING and actual DELIVERY.

TraderSuraj ,

I am sorry about the Internet speed I quoted , it is 40 Mbps not 48 Mbps I checked this for you.

sorry to be rude but you need to learn some manners. I was just trying to help you. Even every thing was working perfectly fine for me for almost 2 months but one day all off sudden I faced this problem .I could not believe that that was my broabband issue but it was. And in India I am sure you don't have that kind of broadband facilities which you find in west. For your information let me quote some technical specifications , Indian service providers use switches and routers (these are different from electricity switches) which are out dated or were used in US and other western countries 10 years back.

Any if you want to explorer ability of your grey matter then try to find the difference between your other applications and NOW system(how they work , how they refresh and at what interval) . If you can find out and want to learn more then find whether data communication is as smooth as you think.
There are always drop of few (or delay ) packets due transmission being received .
How one earth was i rude?..it was just some light hearted humor regarding your internet speed because i certainly havent come across anyone in India who has a 40 Mbps line...and if you think that was rude you need to relax and stop making stupid comments.

You are trying to give some solution to a problem that wasnt even mentioned by me in the first place. Learn to read first.

And finally, did you not read the part where i have said that this problem is not relative only to me but all other users who are trying to run NOW as of this very moment and are facing the same crunch situation?

And oh yeah, please dont think that dropping technical jargon every now and then such as packets or routers or switches would show you in a glowing light because it wouldnt....most folks on here know about that stuff already..shocking huh?..jeez

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.