Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

TAME is far good unlike most of the RT platforms provided by borkers but its greatest drawback is that u have to refresh it manually all the time. I hope NSE will resolve this issue in near future.
Yes,main drawback is Refreshing it manually.To be frank ,nobody is interested
in cummulative volumes because it looks almost similar everyday,
starting from ZERO.Even Line Graph is present,the axii should be (high+15)
(Low-15) as far as NF is concerned.

A new version is being launched, in the new version NOW can be used as a data source itself... Pricing will definitely be at a fraction of the market cost presently to run something similar...
Sounds awesome. Well, the reply was kinda vague like I had anticipated... ;) Any idea what exactly you guys have up your sleeve and how you intend to address the "problem"?
Am using GDFL's data feeds at the moment but its a little steep price wise, considering they only provide F&O data, which by all means should be sufficient but a trader being a trader, develops this khujli to track stocks which aren't listed in the F&O segment, which brings us to this unique problem. EOD is fine if one wants to go long. TT is fine if one is doing intraday, but hey, without backfill, one is pretty much trading in the dark.
Just curious to know how you would rate the "jugaad" you guys have planned vis-a-vis GDFL's live feeds? I haven't tried any other real time feeds for amibroker so I wouldn't know but really looking forward to using your product.

Much thanks and really appreciate the fact that you guys have decided to address this "issue" and the release is probably eagerly awaited by most Zerodha customers.

lvgandhi

Here is the process..

1. CTRL + I, a white box should open, click twice if you don't see it...
2. Right click on the white box and click show indices dialog
3. a bunch of indices open up, right click on the index you want and click add to dialog bar. This index will get added to the white box, now you can close index dailog..
4. you can add multiple indices also...
Thanks.
Is there anyway to shrink vertically to show only the indices and reduce empty space.

Hello Sachin
Today I found your corporate office at Singapore.Total adress is,Registered Address: Zerodha, 175/176 2nd floor, Bannergatta Road, Bilekhalli, Bangalore 560076, Karnataka, India
Corporate Office: 391B Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City, Tower B # 21-06, Singapore 238874
Do you have international presence?

I just need a simple bar chart (OHLC) across various time frames without any indicators.

If Zerodha can do at-least that for F&O than I will register on next working day.

Thanks.
Is there anyway to shrink vertically to show only the indices and reduce empty space.
Place the mouse cursor on the right bottom of the indices window(which looks like a grid), left click it and resize it like you would resize any other window. I have reduced mine to display only one row, ie, S&P Nifty. Once you have resized it, you can reposition it at a convenient spot near the toolbar.

Agreed, NSE NOW is quite a resource hog in contrast to FT's Diet Odin, it is still a decent trading terminal despite its own quirks. I had first hand experience on NOW trading platform from Omnesys when I was trading through Way2Wealth. Their terminal had live intraday charts except for Nifty Index which had to be redrawn in order to display the most current data.
One way to keep NSE NOW as light as possible is to add as few scrips to the watch list. I have been doing this quite successfully for a while with noticeable difference.
I have anywhere between 2-5 scrips at most added to my watch list. It keeps my workstation from sounding like a Huey Cobra escaping the battlefield when the tide turns against me ;)

Sachin, could you share the workstation config you guys use at work? I am stuck with a pentium dual core which clocks at around 2.6 ghz and has about 4 gigs of ram, but I still find it sluggish while using NOW and Amibroker together, with Amibroker displaying real time charts(not more than 4 charts at a time). NOW continues to be a resource hog without Amibroker running alongside, and this I have tested on various workstations with no AV or other resource hungry apps running simultaneously.
Quite tempted to pick up a quadcore but divided between AMD and Intel. The "i" series that you mentioned are pretty ordinary when it comes to real time number crunching. It is the premium segment of the "i" series which offers any improvement over the others, but they are quite insanely priced.

Last edited:

Zerodha

Hello Sachin
Today I found your corporate office at Singapore.Total adress is,Registered Address: Zerodha, 175/176 2nd floor, Bannergatta Road, Bilekhalli, Bangalore 560076, Karnataka, India
Corporate Office: 391B Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City, Tower B # 21-06, Singapore 238874
Do you have international presence?
We have one of the directors who sits out of Singapore, we have a few fii's who trade with us, the office is mainly for that part of the business...

We have one of the directors who sits out of Singapore, we have a few fii's who trade with us, the office is mainly for that part of the business...
With 20 rs as brokerage per order, your director will always have to sit OUT of singapore :lol: If you charge like normal brokers, maybe your director can sit IN singapore :lol:

Sorry, could not resist that :)

Zerodha

Place the mouse cursor on the right bottom of the indices window(which looks like a grid), left click it and resize it like you would resize any other window. I have reduced mine to display only one row, ie, S&P Nifty. Once you have resized it, you can reposition it at a convenient spot near the toolbar.

Agreed, NSE NOW is quite a resource hog in contrast to FT's Diet Odin, it is still a decent trading terminal despite its own quirks. I had first hand experience on NOW trading platform from Omnesys when I was trading through Way2Wealth. Their terminal had live intraday charts except for Nifty Index which had to be redrawn in order to display the most current data.
One way to keep NSE NOW as light as possible is to add as few scrips to the watch list. I have been doing this quite successfully for a while with noticeable difference.
I have anywhere between 2-5 scrips at most added to my watch list. It keeps my workstation from sounding like a Huey Cobra escaping the battlefield when the tide turns against me ;)

Sachin, could you share the workstation config you guys use at work? I am stuck with a pentium dual core which clocks at around 2.6 ghz and has about 4 gigs of ram, but I still find it sluggish while using NOW and Amibroker together, with Amibroker displaying real time charts(not more than 4 charts at a time). NOW continues to be a resource hog without Amibroker running alongside, and this I have tested on various workstations with no AV or other resource hungry apps running simultaneously.
Quite tempted to pick up a quadcore but divided between AMD and Intel. The "i" series that you mentioned are pretty ordinary when it comes to real time number crunching. It is the premium segment of the "i" series which offers any improvement over the others, but they are quite insanely priced.
All the pro traders with us, use different machine for charting and trading... It is just not about the system config, your charting tool can eat up on your internet bandwidth...

My advise would be to use a basic system for charting and run NOW on a decent system, don't run both on the same machine, as I said, it is not just about your system speed but also the internet connectivity makes a huge difference... Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.