Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

why sud nse or bse default? contracts are exchanged between buyers and sellers in f and o its the clients who take all the risk. exchange is just an organisation to manage this bazar. so i think it is broker and clients who can default but they cud be one or two at a time. for a while even we suppose that nse defaults and if u have shares of a particular company that company will pay u dividend bcose that share is actually ownership of that company though govt has to find another medium to do so. :)

Gandhar.

why sud nse or bse default? contracts are exchanged between buyers and sellers in f and o its the clients who take all the risk. exchange is just an organisation to manage this bazar. so i think it is broker and clients who can default but they cud be one or two at a time. for a while even we suppose that nse defaults and if u have shares of a particular company that company will pay u dividend bcose that share is actually ownership of that company though govt has to find another medium to do so. :)
do u really think the liquidity is just kept by people like us?
managing also includes to keep liquidity there
who would like to trade in illiquid markets?

bpr

hmm chances are always there, anything can happen. There have been governments that have defaulted, so exchanges can happen but chances are very very very very ^Very slim, especially with NSE.

Probably among the best managed exchanges in the world....
That is great to hear can you give us some specific comparison points to support that statement.

arcus

I think the chances NSE or BSE is going to default is very small. India has among the highest margins required for F&O. Even hedged positions require a lot of margin.

Even if for any reason, one of the exchanges default then I'm pretty sure the Government will bail them out. Because these exchanges represent the Indian Economy

The market cap of all the listed companies on these exchanges is half of the whole Indian GDP in a year, so that is huge. Almost a trillion dollars.

Zerodha

That is great to hear can you give us some specific comparison points to support that statement.
Usually the risk management etc is comprised when there is a vested interest of a few people like in case of NSEL. In case of NSE, the shareholding pattern is divided among some of the best managed firms in the country.

Also, NSE is very strict on compliance and never compromises just to generate turnover or liquidity in any contracts. Entry barrier much higher for brokerages to register on NSE... No single brokerage contributes more than 3 to 4% of exchange turnover and hence not much risk of even the brokerage defaulting. NSE doesn't use the settlement guarantee fund to advertise or marketing. we have never really had any issue on NSE in the last almost 20 years of them being in business and that itself has a lot to say about the credibility.

arcus

Zerodha, I have heard you guys have a proprietary trading desk.

Could you clarify if the risks are curtailed to the prop desk itself without spreading to the clients side?

I mean we all know what happened to one of the biggest brokerage house in the US called MF Global and their prop desk.

I dont want to sound accusing or anything like that.

Even an arbitrage kind of trading strategy most props use tends to have some risks. Just wondering if there are mechanisms in place at Zerodha to prevent risk from spreading from the prop desk to other parts of the core business.

Brill

When i do shift+p to see nest plus chart, I get message "Configuration error, please restart nestplus". Why this is coming? How to restart NestPlus? Please give some solution.

Zerodha

When i do shift+p to see nest plus chart, I get message "Configuration error, please restart nestplus". Why this is coming? How to restart NestPlus? Please give some solution.
These errors can come about if you don't have the right version of Nest Plus or it could also happen due to a server overload. To restart Nest Plus, you simply have to press Ctrl + Shift + P and press Refresh. Or, you have to click on Tools < Nest Auto Plugins < Refresh.

Make sure that the version of Nest Plus on your system is 1.6.0.0 if you are using 3.10.57.97.7 of Zerodha Trader. If you don't have the right version of Nest Plus, click here to download it. Once on this page, just press Ctrl + S and the whole package will get downloaded onto your system as a zip file. Extract this zip file into a folder, then copy the contents of the folder and replace it in "Omnesys\NEST3" in your Program Files folder.

It's quite simple actually, but if you're having problems doing this just get in touch with our support number on 080-40402020

Zerodha, now that we can trade currencies on both exchanges, I'd like to know which exchange according to you is the one I should trade on? I mean, I'm quite confused about this whole currency business. Firstly, I'm paranoid because I'm getting poorer as a world citizen without doing anything. Secondly, all my friends in Europe and US are feeling richer simply because I'm poorer. Is this all happening because some freaks are trading currencies and pushing the rupee lower and lower. Or is there some substance in it? I'm actually understanding now why so many rich Indian people stash up their black money in Swiss banks... at least they don't have to worry about their wealth depreciating 20% in the blink of an eye.

Can we do arbitrage trades between MCX and NSE for USDINR as I see they've closed at different prices? For MCX the last traded price was 6477.00 and for NSE the last traded price was 64.7600. Is there anything in there for us?

doshiv

Sachin , Please take an initiative to create a platform for choosing a stock for delivery by analysing it fundamentally & technically including news etc. where different clients can add their views..............