Worth Subscribing--"Market-Data-Provider"

Hi,
I am looking for INR, International spot gold in $ terms and International spot Silver in $ terms. Does any one knows who will provide the real time data feed for these 3.

Regards
Rajesh

SwingKing

Well guys, i have used at least 3-4 data providers and here is my feedback for them,

1) Reuters QuoteCenter - Well, as the name suggests, the quality and accuracy of data provided is outstanding. Also, you get a subscription of their TA package, custom indicators and organised world/local finance related news. However, the cost is approx Rs 8,000 per month. Just too expensive.

2) Esignal (U.S.) - This is at par with what Reuters provide. The service, quality and accuracy of data is impeccable. Not even once i found any error in data provided by these guys. Data can be easily imported into metastock and can be used suitably. However, like Quaote Center the cost is about Rs 4800 a month.

3) Trend Watch India (TWHD) - This service is provided by Mr. Deepak Mohoni's Trend Watch India. The service is good and the accuracy of the data is good. However sometimes, in some quotes, some information is corrupted. This causes the entire stock's price history to be displayed in an incorrect way. Customer service and any other queries are handled exceptionally well. Price is approx Rs 5000 a year.

4) Market Data Provider - This is one service which I think comes close to Reuters and Esignal. The data is amazingly accurate and the service is excellent. I would rate this above the rest on two aspects. First, the UI is friendly and the software is very well documented. Second, the price at which they provide data is certainly very affordable (Rs 2999 for EOD NSE, BSE, FNO). Personally I prefer this.

5) Free Softwares (Bhavcopy, NSE/BSE data downloader etc) - These softwares are free of charge and do their job well. However, sometimes I do find some irregularity in the data. The data is claimed to be downloaded from NSE, but still in some places important information like volumes, price etc goes missing. These softwares are no doubt the best tool available for those who do not want to spend even a single penny for data acquisition. Kudos to the makers. :thumb:

P.S. - I have no business interest in any of the products mentioned above. Views expressed are solely mine based on personal experience and they do not intend to influence any person.

I too subscribed for MDP rt4 after reading all your comments and I agree that their quality is good, but I have a problem don't know whether I am the only person who is facing this.

I am not able to run the Enhanced system tester only with MDP eod data

Summary
Equis - MACD - Expert System NIFTY (NIFTY)
Simulation Date 12/01/2010 08:12:08 PM 0 Daily Bars 00/00/0000 Through 00/00/0000 (0 Days)

Errors Encountered
12/01/2010 08:12:08 PM Period value out of valid range in Mov() function.

but with my other data download using getbhavcopy it works fine. I am using Metastock Pro 11.0. Can anyone please help as I find the data collected being useless as I have to do it manually with getbhavcopy for backtesting.

Please help

pkgmtnl

I too subscribed for MDP rt4 after reading all your comments and I agree that their quality is good, but I have a problem don't know whether I am the only person who is facing this.

I am not able to run the Enhanced system tester only with MDP eod data

Summary
Equis - MACD - Expert System NIFTY (NIFTY)
Simulation Date 12/01/2010 08:12:08 PM 0 Daily Bars 00/00/0000 Through 00/00/0000 (0 Days)

Errors Encountered
12/01/2010 08:12:08 PM Period value out of valid range in Mov() function.

but with my other data download using getbhavcopy it works fine. I am using Metastock Pro 11.0. Can anyone please help as I find the data collected being useless as I have to do it manually with getbhavcopy for backtesting.

Please help
I use MDP data in expl mode with Ami, expl AFL etc every thing runs smoothly & uninterupted.
U use Meta , ask support may be they able to help u? or anybody else using Meta too...

I use MDP data in expl mode with Ami, expl AFL etc every thing runs smoothly & uninterupted.
U use Meta , ask support may be they able to help u? or anybody else using Meta too...
Thanks for your response. I am able to use the explorer in MDP data but cannot run the System Tester in metastock. I checked with their support but they too don't have any answer for it.

If I convert their eod data to ASCII using Metastock downloader and convert it back again to meta format then the system tester works with that converted data. Please help in solving this as I cannot do any backtesting

pkgmtnl

Thanks for your response. I am able to use the explorer in MDP data but cannot run the System Tester in metastock. I checked with their support but they too don't have any answer for it.

If I convert their eod data to ASCII using Metastock downloader and convert it back again to meta format then the system tester works with that converted data. Please help in solving this as I cannot do any backtesting
Ask support to refer the matter to techies, may b they could help u out, otherwise I personally find Ami an edge over Meta.

Try Ami for sometime, Just a suggestion.

Hi, for all the hype Esignal turns out to be damp squib when it comes too India data. While they claim to provide you data adjusted for corporate action, I am amazed to find that they are happy to do it (under 20min)provided I flag them off about a corporate action. I cant believe that they do not have a system/ process of dealing with corporate action on Indian stocks (the way they have on the US stocks)and depend on a user giving them a heads up about corporate action. They hold on to this attitude despite me sending them the NSE file of all corporate actions, and sending them a link so they can watch it for fresh action. The afct that their RIL/LITL chart is still un adjusted is a pointer of how futile it is to pay a premium and assume you will get the best.
whats more "it is not a priority item right now" to extend their EOD history beyond Nov07, which is where we have EOD history for India. I even offered to buy and send them the historical bhav copy DVD from nse, but they dont think its important.
And finaly, continuous futures (they have some real cool features to deal with data continuation methods and symbol change) cannot be exported into Amibroker.
So the grand promise and hope of getting the best data from a data provider who is more or less an international benchmark, is a huge letdown. I am asking my office to discontinue.
historical data automatically adjusted for corporate action is one of the major ++ that make MDP attractive. Also the fact that they use NSE symbols, unlike entrenched market leaders like Viratech and StoxTrend who dont give a sh.. about making their databases user friendly.
Am still debating MDP. Will love to hear more from you all about the service. Thanks very much.
Trade well. Trade wise.