Woodies CCI trading system

Is Woodies CCI a leading indicator?

• Total voters

cool_kk

Hi

I am looking for Range bar indicator for meta trader 4.
Also, how I can combine woodies indicator with it to get good hit ratio.

I have read woodies system and also gone through DVD but success rate is not coming very high only woodies so looking to use some other chart in conjuction.

Please advice experts, Which indicator works better with Woodies.

Thanks
Kaps

vssoma

#1 - Woodies CCI Zero-line Reject (ZLR) Pattern:

A zero-line reject (ZLR) pattern is a CCI bounce off of or near the zero-line (ZL). It can bounce off of or near the zero-line anywhere from +100 to �100 for both long and short trades. Some people like to narrow the range down to +/- 50 which can provide a better pullback. The entry would be the first bar that rejects or flips up away from the zero-line.

The market psychology behind Woodies CCI ZLR pattern is that it shows traders when to buy the dips and sell the pullbacks. No other indicator in the trading world can do that except for the CCI.

You can combine the ZLR pattern along with a trend line break (TLB) pattern to add strength to the signal for a greater probability of success. If using the ZLR along with the TLB then you would wait for the CCI to cross the TLB pattern to enter. You will learn more about the trend line break (TLB) pattern later in this document.

The ZLR trade is a trend trade. New traders of Woodies CCI should be taking this type of trade. In fact this could be the only Woodies CCI pattern trade you take during your entire trading career and still create excellent profits for yourself

3 Charts Below � Zero-line Reject (ZLR) long trades.

The yellow lines show the ZLR patterns. The single white lines show where the entry would be and the double white lines show where the exit would be

chart 1

Zero-line Reject (ZLR) long

TREND TRADE

Notice that chart 1 above shows two ZLR long trades. They both bounce off the ZL within the +/-100 area. We enter a ZLR when the CCI line first starts to reject the ZL or we can say the first bar that flips away from the ZL.

In chart 1 above we exit the first ZLR on a CCI hook and the second ZLR we exit on a TCCI cross into CCI.

chart 2

TREND TRADE

In chart 2 above we exit on a CCI hook.

chart 3

TREND TRADE

In chart 3 above we exit on a TCCI cross into CCI.

Notice that on chart 3 above the CCI hooks at the same time the TCCI hooks which gives us two exits signals at the same time.

3 Charts Below � Zero-line Reject (ZLR) short trades.

The yellow lines show the zero-line reject patterns. The single white lines show the entry for this type of trade and the double white lines are the exit signals.

The exit signals are the same as in any other trade. Go review the section on how to enter and exit trades.

It is very important to remember that when you take one of these trades it does not mean you are supposed to stay in it forever. Always follow Woodies CCI exit signals

chart 1

Zero-line Reject (ZLR) short

TREND TRADE

In chart 1 above we see that the ZLR was close to the ZL. The exit on this trade was a CCI hook.

chart 2

TREND TRADE

In chart 2 above we also see a ZLR close to the ZL. There are two exits on this chart. One is a TCCI cross of CCI and the second exit is a CCI hook. We don�t know what the trade will give us before we get in and we don�t care. We take the exits as they come and it works out very well.

chart 3

TREND TRADE

In chart 3 above we see two ZLR trades. The first ZLR exit is a CCI hook. Notice that the second ZLR is a bounce off the zero-line from the opposite side. This is fine. In fact it could go as high as +100 and we could still take it as a ZLR short trade. Remember that some people prefer to take ZLR trades that are closer to the ZL within the +/-50 area.

Some of the pronouncements about Woodies CCI are not necessarily correct. Certainly other indicators can do a fine job of illustrating pullbacks and perhaps do a better job of it than the CCI.

The book from which this recent post was extracted was written by someone who has disappeared from trading, in fact he disappeared not long after the book was written.

Trade entries have to be based on price action and the CCI indicator is based on price action. Price action is what is important, not reliance on a momentum Oscillator as CCI

kkeskar92

Re: Renko bars

In Ninja Trader settings of Range Bars and Renko bars are inbuilt and easy at the click of the mouse.Here is the image .

Yes...Ninjatrader has best inbuilt range bars feature.

I think ur Nifty tick size is 0.01....should be 0.05 ie 5 paisa.

I am too experimenting with 5 points range bars on Ninjatrader...woodies panel is also classic.

Three Ghosts

Thanks KKeskar92 Sir,
I could not believe my eyes.Please clarify do we see three ghosts here.
A little explanation is needed - how to trade the ghosts ?
If a ghost appears in upper side and if the neck line is broken do we go long again ?

Attachments

saivenkat

Dear friend Best of Luck,

Of the Three patterns u described,
First one, and the third one looks like MITTENS GHOST, ( with arms stretched upwards) and the second looks like inverted Ghost.

But all the same, does not the HTLB apply in these patterns? Ghost patterns and HTLB are for experienced hands like you and KKeskar sir, and not for beginners like me in Woodies.

Once i traded HTLB pattern, and it pissed me off.:annoyed: So at present i take only pattern ZLR, Tony trade, GB100 and Famir

Regards
Saivenkat:thumb: