Will you please help me to be a day trader, you knowledgeble people?

H

hari09omkar

Begin with this
http://rapidshare.com/files/1544810/Bernstein__Jake_-_The_Compleat_Day_Trader_Vol_I.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1543010/Bernstein__Jake_-_The_Compleat_Day_Trader_Vol_II.rar

Another thing My frnd Day trading or any form of Trading- Its all about how much Comfortable u are. Ppl are still suspicios of Stock Market activity(Thnaks to the Scams).
What i mean to say is that u gotta Try out what suits u. Forget what peaple say. Money can be made in all forms of Trading. If u want to make money u must know what u are capable of.

If u think u gonna be a Day trader. find a simple Setup and try trading in small Volumes Till u become Confident enuff.

Best Wishes
Swagat
Fine links Swagat! The best of all so far.The beginners will find this book as a ready made helping guide.Atleast we have something in this thread that is positive!!!!!!

Hey buddy, do find time to go through some charts(abt 20) daily. Try to find( from whatever you have learned so far) whether there might be a possible entry tomorrow. Then tally it with market action nxt day.IMHO this will give practical meaning to what you are learning from books or ppl. Hope you are already doing this. Giving time to learn TA will be more rewarding than reading abt different trading practices, for starters.
Best Wishes.

Hi,

Anybody have following two books??

1) John Magee & Robert D. Edwards - Technical Analysis of Stock Trends
2) welles wilder - new concepts in technical trading systems

Please send me the link on [email protected]

thanks,

Ashvin

kkeskar92

Hi Hari,
You can search the internet and Google it..... Then search for stock books and trading softwares and you will get all the stuff for free.......even the tradestation, advanced GET which cost 2 lacs.....and the books.....and many calculators.------KK

Last edited:
H

hari09omkar

So how are these days going fellow traders?
Let's talk some progress.I have come across with a good book to start with and thats too indian writer! The name of the book is :Investment and Technical analysis. Writer is Tapas Kumar Dey,publisher is Sahayatri.The people in Kolkata will find this book easily in the college street and the Bengalee name is Share Bazar:Biniyog O Prayogik Bishleshan.Remember this is the second part of the four book series of the writer on share market.The price is Rs.250/- and you will get 10% to 20% discount on purchase.The distributor is Dey Book Store.
The John Magee book on technical analusis is very important to start with.I found this book in ebay and available in indian rupees.
So these are the first two books I am currently suggesting to the new ones.If not the first one,no problem,buy the John Magee from ebay india.If anyone wants to share anything about books and how cheaply to get it in India he will help many others.Its a challenge and go ahead to contribute the youngs.
Now some illegal sites already have good books' links to download from the net.If my ethics permit,I will try to post the links for the benifit of the traders.But the first preference will always be to buy them in India in Indian currency.Seniors here may help.Isn't it?
My recent trading experiences tell me more emphatically,that not to do short term swing trading from anyone's advices. If you do not have real time data and the best of softwares you better do not do this blunder of swing.And if you have more than 2 lakhs to trade with then the risk can be taken with eod datas with a diversified portfolio.But with small capital less than one lakh,like me,do not trade in swing.Reason?
I saw a drama regarding the last infy results.The experts talking about the range bound market and technolgy cooling off proved to be wrong and markets closed with all time highs.Nifty gained almost 150 point in two days!! What happened here that the stoplosses hit mercilessly few hours ago got a new momentum!Your experts will advise you now to re enter and you lose a great in this ignorance of real time data.Do not trade with out knowing the thing and listening to others.
Share your trading experiences here too!
Thanks.

Let's talk some progress.I have come across with a good book to start with and thats too indian writer! The name of the book is :Investment and Technical analysis. Writer is Tapas Kumar Dey,publisher is Sahayatri.The people in Kolkata will find this book easily in the college street and the Bengalee name is Share Bazar:Biniyog O Prayogik Bishleshan.Remember this is the second part of the four book series of the writer on share market.The price is Rs.250/- and you will get 10% to 20% discount on purchase.The distributor is Dey Book Store.
The John Magee book on technical analusis is very important to start with.I found this book in ebay and available in indian rupees.
So these are the first two books I am currently suggesting to the new ones.If not the first one,no problem,buy the John Magee from ebay india.If anyone wants to share anything about books and how cheaply to get it in India he will help many others.Its a challenge and go ahead to contribute the youngs.
Now some illegal sites already have good books' links to download from the net.If my ethics permit,I will try to post the links for the benifit of the traders.But the first preference will always be to buy them in India in Indian currency.Seniors here may help.Isn't it?
My recent trading experiences tell me more emphatically,that not to do short term swing trading from anyone's advices. If you do not have real time data and the best of softwares you better do not do this blunder of swing.And if you have more than 2 lakhs to trade with then the risk can be taken with eod datas with a diversified portfolio.But with small capital less than one lakh,like me,do not trade in swing.Reason?
I saw a drama regarding the last infy results.The experts talking about the range bound market and technolgy cooling off proved to be wrong and markets closed with all time highs.Nifty gained almost 150 point in two days!! What happened here that the stoplosses hit mercilessly few hours ago got a new momentum!Your experts will advise you now to re enter and you lose a great in this ignorance of real time data.Do not trade with out knowing the thing and listening to others.
Thanks.

TIP one> Stop watchin and hence blaming CNBC or other channel. Better read the Disclaimer.

Thanks

vince

Thanks.
Well , after your initial efforts and a brief taste of market action you feel that real time data and some sophisticated software would help you to perform better.

The learning curve seems to have begun, keep us posted.

H

hari09omkar

TIP one> Stop watchin and hence blaming CNBC or other channel. Better read the Disclaimer.

Thanks
Actually I entered in some scrips which were premarket calls from renowned experts,like Rajat Bose,M.B.Singh and also live market calls from others,from their paid services.Not from cnbc or other channels.The misleading thing is that I crosschecked almost all the entries with the real time experts,consulted them from time to time,and did not find their foresightedness to be fruitfull.
And, Vince,yes,I will post and my learning is started.Keep telling me where my decisions are wrong. I think my decisions at this begining level may sound childish and wherever you (you all)feel that to be wrong,just check me out,but with sound arguement in favour of that.Because beginners with a lot of enthusiasm often make mistakes,and I think you people are not exceptions.Please write in.
Thanks.

H

hari09omkar

Hari om traders!
It's now almost two months from the last post of mine in this forum. I proposed to post my developments as a trader and so I am doing it now.
As I said earlier I had almost no knowledge about this world of technical analysis and so started reading books of technical analysis. Now I am not in the darkiest zone of knowledge where I have to believe firmly on the analysts' so caleed 'calls' to take position in the market. People like Ashwini Gujral,Rajat Bose had made good names in this field and fairly speaking I am now not fully dependent on these people as I lost a lot of money going by their calls.
But it was not their fault. It was my ignorance about the subject and so decided to know the thing before taking it.
Now,as I started my learnings with the aim of being a day trader,I have progressed a lot in the direction,but till now I have decided to take on charts of EOD to anlyse and taking position. For that I am in the process of collecting a couple renowned softwares (ofcourse cracked),Metastock and Advanced Get,some older versions of them. And I have made up my mind to order EOD data from Stoxtrend.com!
I am a sharekhan speedtrade customer and the speedtrade terminal provides realtime and eod data with some technical momentum indicators. For the time being I am using MACD,RSI and Stochastic. And finding good results!
As time goes by and my improvement from a watcher of capital markets to a swing trader takes place,I will try to post in detail the little things,so that the new commer in the share markets,who wants to know and earn,is comprehensively guided from this single thread through out his/her journey as a succesful person.
For the time being,I am considering the fact,that practising as a swing trader and as experience and knowledge improves,I will try my best to be a day trader!
Meanwhile,if there is any newbie in the markets,who want to know the little things about how to begin,and feels shy to ask and don't know where or whom to ask,I ask them to put your queries here,I will try to help them in this thread and will ask the richly experienced and knowledgeable traders of traderji to help all of them(including me). Thanks.Hari om!