When Technicals signal a Bear ?

kkseal

1992 & 2000 were perfect bears, forget the scams, 2000 it was a worldwide phenomena, when sellers overwhelm the buyers for an extended period we enter bear market & thus buyers give up in the later stage... fundamentals & supports are just silenced, say RIL drops from 3200 to 1600 & still don't find buyers be sure we are in bear & RIL can drop sub 1k levels, surely the RIL fans will give up then...
Depends on the reason for the drop (Causality)

Also on the perspective. A short term or even medium term trader may find no reason to buy but someone with a 3-5 yr horizon may find plenty of reasons (Relativity)

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

WRT CVs mention of 'specifics', i learnt of a hedge fund mgr in the US who is short on bond insurers but long on retail (& as far as i know the retail category in his portfolio is the essential goods - Big Bazaar - type). His reasoning is fascinating (though he doesn't spell it out much) & the retail sales data has borne him out so far.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Prabhjeet

According to me the slope of 200 day EMA or 50 week EMA decides the Bull or Bear market.

U

uasish

chiruvyapari,

Nice 2 see your effort to inspect & postmortem that is the way we learn from past.
Would you plz share any such repeated recurrence of past & what was the possible outcome after the Event.

Asish

C

Czar

Wolf wave is just a short term pattern, doesn't have anything to do with bull or bear market, but rather a correction in the imbalance of the last move

Ya u r right CZAR. But look at it from different angle.. Jan correction was a result of the Wolf wave developed during Nov / Dec. But it corrected more than the target may b due to any reason. But if u consider previous incomplete Wolf wave which is now active since the 1-3 line has been broken not once but twice. this is sure indication that the previous (1.Feb 2.Mar 3.July 4.Aug) W/W is active and if u compare time wise it shows quite a similarity. Also it is behaving just like the Wolf Wave theory considering Supports and Resistances... and what i feel that u can use the W/W analysis on intraday / daily / weekly/monthly charts to earn profits.