Want to Become A Full time Trader ..

Respected Seniors,

Currently I am doing Job for 15,000 p.m., I'm passionate about trading, have part time trading experience also, But I'am scared of leaving my current Job,
Is it Really Possible to become a Full time Trader,
If any problem with that Pls. let me know??

Mr. SAINT where r u??

Sunny1

iTS POSSIBLE. JUST PRACTICE AND LEARN AND KEEP DOING PART TIME TRADING. ONCE YOU GATHERED SUFFICIENT CAPITAL TO LIVE AND EXPERIENCE TO TRADE FOR PROFIT THEN YOU CAN DITCH YOUR JOB AND DO FULL TIME TRADING

AW10

Invest time and learning the trading (it goes beyond Technical Analysis).
Once u achieve good CONSISTENT profitable track record with part time trading, then only think about full time trading.
Maybe, in between , u can take a weeks holiday / trade full time and see if you are really ready for it or not.

On top of all this, think of trading as a business. When your new business is not generating enough cashflow, your personal finance have to take care of
your cost of living for few months. Don't start trading with all ur saving but increase it only when you are consistently profitable.

Trading is tough business. It looks pretty easy from outside thats why many people come here. But journey to consistently profitable full time trading is not easy.
It is certainly possible to become full time trader and gain huge reward here .. but be preared for tough /frustrating/ stressful / loosing days ahead of that.

All the best.

PS - keep eyes on people who are targeting your capital by means of brokerage, selling u tips, selling u software/data, selling u poor quality education. Show your business smartness when dealing with them.

Happy Trading.

Respected Seniors,

Currently I am doing Job for 15,000 p.m., I'm passionate about trading, have part time trading experience also, But I'am scared of leaving my current Job,

Mr. SAINT where r u??
It is certainly possible to make much more than what you are earning in a job but the journey is tough.....you will require trading capital of more than 4-5 L and your household expenses atleast for 1 year...read post by AW10 very carefully,it takes minimum 2-3 years for a trader to mature into consistant winning trader.

Saint has recently made Rs 4 L on a capital of 5 L in 20 days of trading all trades taken live.....so one can be very profitable ,many in this forum are doing it...you can do it too but it will take lots of hard work,frustration,tears,burning midnight oil tersting and perfecting your trading methods....so come fully prepared for all these....then you can hold your head high when you realise that you can make money without depending on anyone...in any market conditions....

Welcome to the group of full time traders and Good Luck....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

chintan786

Respected Seniors,

Mr. SAINT where r u??
First thing first... are u married.. if yes.. do u have children...if yes.. do u have anyother in ur family who is erning and ready to share with u.. if no.... then leave the job only when u have atleast 5k per month to loos... and have reserve to support ur family for at least next 6 months.....strt doing full time trading with 100,000 cash intially put 20 to 25k at risk only.

sudoku1

The ability 2 change one's mind is probably a key characteristic of the successful investor. Dogmatic & rigid personalities rarely, if ever, succeed in the markets.:)

aijaz159

Hi Friends, Im encouraged to share my experience and feeling of being a trader.
I work for a Co. but find time, to know abt banking and stocks, I have been an investor for last 3 years, want to bcome a trader, invested more than 5L in 3 years but the returns are nil, my portfolio had gone down 60% till March 09, now it is minus 18%.
I spend 2-3 hours reading on traderji, moneycontrol, rediffmoney, 5p, icicidirect, hdfc, etc. to gain knowledge before becoming a trader. im on my own. I Invest after reading the fundamentals of the co. In the last 45 days I made 1.25L, i dont know to put stoploss on buy/sell, loose rs.900 on a trade of Rs.one L, buy/sell I use icicidirect, I also have a/c with 5p, indiabulls, i dont trust them. Pls seniors/mentors advise me the best way of becoming an effective trader to make money, thanks to all in advance.
aijaz

WOD

Me too wanna become full time trader but not before I start making consistent profit and get married (you see, trading is not viewed as secure carrier in India, so no parents will allow me to marrie their daughether :) )

So another 2-3 years for me before I become full time trader ( tired of software industry :( )........