Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisp

I think there is some confusion in between Market Profile and Volume Profile among readers of this thread ,Market profile gives more importance to time and price and less stress on volume,where as in Volume Profile, Price and Volume are more important and it ignores time.

Perhaps the ideal lines to use are where MP and VP coincide?

XRAY27

Perhaps the ideal lines to use are where MP and VP coincide?
Ideal study of VP starts ,where MP stops, i'm not using that (VP) for hourly and 30 mins ,MP is best for this time (IMO)

XRAY27

a very good short trade on 5 min tf. my bias for the day was moderately bearish with price getting rejected @ VAH and POC along with big shooting star shorted with 8654-8634 as tgt. initiative participants are active with range extension on the down side.

regds,s
I just respected 80 % rule and entered @ 10.18 candle..

a very good short trade on 5 min tf. my bias for the day was moderately bearish with price getting rejected @ VAH and POC along with big shooting star shorted with 8654-8634 as tgt. initiative participants are active with range extension on the down side.

regds,s
seems like trend or double dist day in making. as since start of the day initiative sellers are dominant.

with clear cut road map (given by MP) in terms of probabilities it becomes easy to execute the plan.

XRAY27

Bro,

Was it 9.18 or 10.18 canlde ?

10.18 wasnt too late as VAL broke much earlier around 9.50
9.15 to 10.15..is the period ..and my hit rate is 8/10 with this...so i'm not worried, i just play as per rules,Money will following ;) !!!

amandeep86

9.15 to 10.15..is the period ..and my hit rate is 8/10 with this...so i'm not worried, i just play as per rules,Money will following ;) !!!
You mean waiting for IB to break for entries ?what if price breaks VAL /VAH much before that ...AM i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.