Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

XRAY bro, slightly different values for me, I think u r using GFDL, so am I. Which afl are the above values from?

weekly

daily

i'm watching from continued data !!! not on monthly one !!!

wisp

i'm watching from continued data !!! not on monthly one !!!
Bit confused about continued now :D does it mean data like June/July/Aug/Sep series combined or each series separately? but either way , for this week, it should not matter right cos last week was same for both charts?

XRAY27

Bit confused about continued now :D does it mean data like June/July/Aug/Sep series combined or each series separately? but either way , for this week, it should not matter right cos last week was same for both charts?
Yes !!! you are right !!! if i put current series it is matching !!! :D !!!

Data maya : :lol: ,Once time changed to 9 AM..now corrected to 9.15 AM

Last edited:

XRAY27

Basing on the opening and first TPO period clue can be obtained for the day

Opening Type

1) Open-Drive: Is the highest confidence opening which is generally caused by OTF participants who have made their trade decisions before the opening bell. The market opens and aggressively auctions in one direction. Price does not return back through the opening range and leaves the most reliable extreme.

2) Open-Test-Drive: Is the next highest confidence opening which generally opens and tests beyond a known reference to make sure there is no new business to be done in that direction. The market then reverses and auctions aggressively back through the open. This opening type leaves the second most reliable extreme.

3) Open-Rejection-Reverse: Is characterized by a market that opens, trades in one direction, and then meets opposite activity strong enough to reverse price and return it back through the opening range. Lower confidence opening where initial extremes only hold about half the time.

4) Open-Auction (Inside Value/Range): Market opens, auctions in one direction until activity slows, then auctions in the other direction. Neither, the OTF buyer or OTF seller is present with any level of confidence. Any extremes established early on, have a low probability of holding for the entire day.

5) Open-Auction (Outside Value/Range): Opens outside Value/Range and auctions around open. Higher odds of directional conviction developing because of open outside Value/Range.

Source:Mind Over Markets -Dalton

XRAY27

AFL from Happy Singh for VPA

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("VAP");
VPTF = ParamList("VP Timeframe","Hourly|Daily|Weekly|Monthly",1);
if (VPTF == "Monthly") segments = Month() != Ref(Month(),-1);
else if (VPTF == "Daily") segments = Day() != Ref(Day(), -1);
else if (VPTF == "Hourly") segments = Hour() != Ref(Hour(), -1);
else segments = (DayOfWeek()== 1 AND Ref(DayOfWeek(),-1) != 1);
PlotVAPOverlayA( segments , Param("Lines", 200, 100, 1000, 1 ), Param("Width", 70, 1, 100, 1 ), ParamColor("Color", colorGold ), ParamToggle("Side", "Right|Left" ) | 2 * ParamToggle("Style", "Fill|Lines", 0) | 4*ParamToggle("Z-order", "On top|Behind", 1 ) );
_SECTION_END();

XRAY27

Lets see how this two fellows will perform :lol: !!!! Based on above AFL with Monthly VPA ,just for 2 to 3 days !!! ;)

ADANIENT

SEIMENS

Last edited:

XRAY27

Xray bhai are you trading stocks too based on market profile?
Yes !!! Volume Profile is best for stocks/index- positional and Market profile is only for day trading can be used for target booking of swing trades
Just take the above as example for Value addition and fading of Value..D and S with VP is excellent set up to trade and above is example of Volume profile not market profile

Last edited:

XRAY27

I think there is some confusion in between Market Profile and Volume Profile among readers of this thread ,Market profile gives more importance to time and price and less stress on volume,where as in Volume Profile, Price and Volume are more important and it ignores time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.