Unitech

Friends,

This is a pretty good thread. I am also tracking Unitech but unfortunately sold @ 430. purchased price was 396. Short term target 550 Looks cool. as first retracement.
But I don't know friends on what basis you are talking 700 or so. Keep up the good work. I would like to know shall I enter @cmp 529.
It's reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a gem....

Milind:)

Hi

I have recently joined here. I am also tracking this from the last 3 months, before 1 share was splitted to 60 + 5 shares.

Can somebody suggest, how much is the target for it after 1 year from now.

jnj333

Unitech Mar end target can be anywhere between 800-1000, will update correct target sometime later. My suggestion to everyone is to Hold or even Buy at this level. If you are buying now then as this is a little volatile stock one should have good holding power, much unlocking of value is left here. Take atleast medium term to long term call in this counter. As it is already met my earlier short term target of 520-550 the new short term target seems to be 650 till year end.

Happy Investing
Jnj

jnj333

Rating Value of Real estate stocks on P/E basis may not be entirely correct. Real Estate Analyst all over the world believe that any real estate stock should be valued on many factors namely-
1.NAV or Net asset value or net land bank value.
2.Location of the land.
3.Cash flow in the company.
4 Company's ability and market reputation of executing projects on time.
5.Cost the company will incur for developing its land bank.
6.The cost it will recover on the developed property
These are just a few of the factors and it is believed by analyst from all over the world that Real estate stocks in India are fairly valued right now and their rise is justified seeing the growth in the sector. Much upside is still left here.
It is only after 2009 there may be some concerns about oversupply in the industry.
All are advised to Hold on to the stock as the rise has just begin.

Jnj

Last edited:

jatayoo

The basic problem to this would be how does a retail investor go about assessing the land banks?He cannot visit all the sites or even 10% of them.He will have to rely upon the analyists:a step to be taken with caution.having some idea about valuations of realty in USA/European countries could be helpful.
To my mind the market is in a state of ''irrational exuberance'' at this juncture as the turnover in the last 4 sessions has been in the range of 50,000 crores daily.At the peak of the rally in 2004 & 2005 it was in the RANGE OF 30,000 crores :cool: .The market could be in the 'e' leg of the 'A' of the 5th wave of the third supercycle.CHEERS+FOTCL.:cool:

Last edited:

jnj333

The basic problem to this would be how does a retail investor go about assessing the land banks?He cannot visit all the sites or even 10% of them.He will have to rely upon the analyists:a step to be taken with caution.having some idea about valuations of realty in USA/European countries could be helpful.
To my mind the market is in a state of ''irrational exuberance'' at this juncture as the turnover in the last 4 sessions has been in the range of 50,000 crores daily.At the peak of the rally in 2004 & 2005 it was in the RANGE OF 30,000 crores :cool: .The market could be in the 'e' leg of the 'A' of the 5th wave of the third supercycle.CHEERS+FOTCL.:cool:
True, assessing correct value of the land bank would be next to impossible , it would be very difficult for the management also. But most importantly Unitech's land bank is divided all over the country and mainly in Tier I cities like NCR (23%), Kolkatta (26%) (it is the largest developer in Kolkatta right now), Chennai (about 20%) and balance is different parts of the country like Bangalore, Chandigarh etc. As it is in Bigger cities growth potential is much better.One has to take a broader outlook for the real estate sector in india as the whole world is very positive for this sector and Unitech is one of the largest players of the country. If this sector has to grow to about 50 Billion Dollar Industry by 2010 it is safer to stick with the leader.

A lot of times land banks reported do not belong to the Company but to group companies that may not be listed. Then how does one separate the chaff from the wheat? P/E, NAV etc., are useless in such a case. I think SEBI should devise reporting norms for Companies that come to the market on basis of their land banks. Till then volatility in these stocks will continue and small investors would be the losers.