Trading NF with ACD system

columbus

Hi,

[sorry i could not trade/post live due to my office broadband failure.]

Yet another low range day ( true range today 57 points), add to confusion a OR smaller than "A value". Every day is comming with new challange to face.
Two Failed A-downs ( second one seems doubtfull but 1-min chart show no validation) and late afternoon A-up makes day untradable.
I personally avoid to take fresh position after 3PM as per ACD is concern.
For last 6 trading or so we saw only LIMITED trading range only.

orderflow13

dumdum..good observation regarding ATR getting lower day by day... you need to observe the market condition in 2003 onwards and check ue A value..this A value holds very important key in ACD..better prepare that burn.

dumdum20008

dumdum..good observation regarding ATR getting lower day by day... you need to observe the market condition in 2003 onwards and check ue A value..this A value holds very important key in ACD..better prepare that burn.
yes alex, i have an eye on that. After completing 20 trading days or from 5th march, first i will prepare a monthwise summury of performence, second , a parallel setup with lower value or "variable"( depending on ATR) value of A will also come in effect and thired (wide OR + Low TR) days will be mirrored for an experiments.

[ emm.. alex see ur MP thread, im going to post some thing interesting, in a while]

columbus

Hi,

Todays ACD
( atlast something to eat:D)

Hi dumdum,

Compare the above graph with that of your's.Though both graphs
convey the same thing,at a glance NSE website graph capture the summary immediately
because it is NOT elongated.I found ,whenever TIME axis is 1.5 times the
price axis this kind of phenomenon occurs.(x>1.5y)

Your graph can be made look better ,with other things remain same:

1.If you altogether you remove VOLUMES,if you desire so.

2.If volumes are a MUST then you can merge them with PRICE.

I hope you take sportingly.

dumdum20008

Hi dumdum,

Compare the above graph with that of your's.Though both graphs
convey the same thing,at a glance NSE website graph capture the summary immediately
because it is NOT elongated.I found ,whenever TIME axis is 1.5 times the
price axis this kind of phenomenon occurs.(x>1.5y)

Your graph can be made look better ,with other things remain same:

1.If you altogether you remove VOLUMES,if you desire so.

2.If volumes are a MUST then you can merge them with PRICE.

I hope you take sportingly.
arre yaar columbus, dont be so formal, feel free to give anyyyyy idea/improvement. I too feel so but could not figure out as i dont trade on trade tiger ( i just use my friends idle account in sharekhan for charting).
Beside that here( as u pointed x, y thinggy and elongation of chart, emmm.. i memorize my IIT days.. or even older...class 12th).
I would like to share one thing about importenes of visulization--- i used to trade via " call to broker" for 6 years, when i use to decide trade signal by looking Sensex chart on bse's wap site on my 6630 mobile. I was so accurate and habitual to use that sensex chart on my mobile that even i cant rely on real time values on my brokers terminal. I never need volume to decide, it was my memory data bank of sensex historical wap site chart that give me edge.
Many many thanx for this.

Look todays sensex wap chart.... hi hi hi

Last edited:

orderflow13

mann u IITian :eek:great !! what u doin here? loll plz make my excel so i will also get something to feed :D
sorry for distracting from the subject of thread..but can i see the java based charts ( like icharts, dnagroup etc..)on any high end standard java based mobile phone? does any one tried it practically ?

dumdum20008

mann u IITian :eek:great !! what u doin here? loll plz make my excel so i will also get something to feed :D
sorry for distracting from the subject of thread..but can i see the java based charts ( like icharts, dnagroup etc..)on any high end standard java based mobile phone? does any one tried it practically ?

your excel is on the way. today morning it shake me when at 9:57AM NSE site's page removed feb contracts and added march contract. For a minute it got only 5 contract in top 10 traded list:D and excel creeps in with faulty calculation. I had to litile restructure a bit. But before that , please revise ur SM calculation again, i doubt its doing something vice-versa type mistake as i pointed in ur one of post.( not sure, may be it is right as it is, but please check and PM me any modification)

[ BTW almost every IITian friend of mine is f***ing(writting) Nifty Options as frequently as we do:D]