Trading NF with ACD system

biyasc

good concept dumdum. please carry on.

dumdum20008

Hi,
As usual it was better to stay away from wide OR.
However A up successfully formed, but a trade could not be efficient/profitable and eventually had to close before closing with a loss of approx 28 points.
there might be an opposite view/exacution of todays or similar much wide OR, that normal setup be mirrored,but that is totally trader/environment/bias dependent decision. so we should avoid that.

But one more thing is coming in notice since ACD observation started that, validation position mostly coinsides with oversold/overbought condition in RSI ( or any similar indicator). Because mostly trade goes profitable after a considerable time, so for a better price entry, trade exacution can be delayed somewhat after validation. this may improve reward w.r.t. risk.
this point will be in updates soon after some more observation.

orderflow13

dumdum...good observation, can you if possible back test 1 years data and see what happen after initial wide range? ..
acd try capture trend moves ..as initial range forms acd anticipates conviction in price movement and the trend wd remain same at such trend moves rsi n other oscillators remain in overbought/oversold territory for long time

dumdum20008

dumdum...good observation, can you if possible back test 1 years data and see what happen after initial wide range? ..
acd try capture trend moves ..as initial range forms acd anticipates conviction in price movement and the trend wd remain same at such trend moves rsi n other oscillators remain in overbought/oversold territory for long time

yes thats the nature of these indicator... backtesting 1 year data is possible but i havent much practice of script writting these days, u know i have started forgetting basic concepts of C++ ( i know it need not C++), so i have to do it manually on 5-min chart. But it takes time.

dumdum20008

Hi,
todays ACD

Honestly, i could not trigger long trade cause of influenced bearish mentality since yesterday ( i know its against system but im human trader--will take time to learn). instead many times during day i tried to spot -divergence that coincides with exit points if i would have gone long according to ACD.
But that too was not with confidence as ACD had pointed long, so watched whole day without action.

But all this gives a lesson -- " Every day is unique as for as ACD system is concerned, irrespective of prevailing market environment, it doesnot care what trader think about direction".

dumdum20008

Hi,
Todays ACD.

A low true range day, so the same nature low reward trade.
Now a new update is mandatory on this juncture in light of continuusly falling true ranges over a period.
Before that, a comparision of "now" and "history" when NF has values in between 2200 and 3000.
In the progress of bull run NF passes this range-value with ATR of merely 45-60 points, and this was the second half of year 2005.
Now the same range-values being processed with as high ATR of 180 but with continuous fall upto 79, still high compared to 2005 periods.

Its not impossible but has less probability that NF will came to those levels of ATR. But it may stay betwwen 60-90 ATR for long time.
So in this regard a change in "A-value( or C-value)" can be adopted with very high care, as

10 Points if 100 < ATR < 170
5 or 7 points if 60 < ATR < 100.

These values of A and limits of ATR are not strict for now but my so far understanding of system prompts these.
Beside that wide OR have added complication , especially in low ATR days.
In reading of Market Profile, it indicate a large initial balance day have mostly gyrating movements between/around OR itself. this fact has already be seen in some previous day since inspection of ACD system.
A new update will be soon for Wide OR and changing the "A values" according to ATR. Members and sirs ,please give valuable advice.

dumdum20008

Hi,

[sorry i could not trade/post live due to my office broadband failure.]

Yet another low range day ( true range today 57 points), add to confusion a OR smaller than "A value". Every day is comming with new challange to face.
Two Failed A-downs ( second one seems doubtfull but 1-min chart show no validation) and late afternoon A-up makes day untradable.
I personally avoid to take fresh position after 3PM as per ACD is concern.